Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Wow! That's awesome!!!

Very nice, Atia! Love the metallic red and the base! If I can make one small suggestion, I think the metal of the gunbarrels might be a tad too clean.

But anyway, a wonderful model!

Thanks buddy! I actually shaded the gunbarrels a bit more, will snap some pictures later!

You work for GW?

Well, it's basically freelancer "work"? Reviews and PR, and I signed two NDA's.

Good job holding yourself to those NDA's then, being the queen of rumours and all. Unless... :tongue.:

That contemptor looks boss. Good job fixing the assault cannons. That's a really cool name, too. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

:ph34r.:

beautiful contemptor and amazing base!

Glad you like him! Speaking about bases - here we go (not 100% finished yet).

gallery_79873_10492_159937.jpg

I do think the barrels could do with some weathering, im planning on doing my T son like my ravengaurd one : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321231-nevermore-a-raven-guard-horus-heresy-painting-log/?do=findComment&comment=4370204

also are the models shinier in real life?, my T sons are done with 3 coats of airbrush tamiya clear red, and finding it really hard to show the true colours in a photo.

cheers, keep it up

Edited by pompeyladbfp

I love the contemptor, his fluff even more so.

Thanks buddy :smile.:

Please tell me how you got that grey on the space wolves armor

Using my airbrush:

- Black primer

- Vallejo German Grey thinned with Air Cast Thinner - basecoat

- Vallejo Dark Bluegrey with flow improver

- Vallejo Dark Bluegrey with flow improver and a tiny bit of Iron Hands Steel, zenithal highlights

gallery_79873_10492_3904.jpg

- Vallejo Dark Bluegrey + London Grey with flow improver and a tiny bit of Iron Hands Steel for the edges (using a brush)

than some weathering ^^ I'll do a full guide later on (have some cool stuff planned ^.^)

I do think the barrels could do with some weathering, im planning on doing my T son like my ravengaurd one : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321231-nevermore-a-raven-guard-horus-heresy-painting-log/?do=findComment&comment=4370204

also are the models shinier in real life?, my T sons are done with 3 coats of airbrush tamiya clear red, and finding it really hard to show the true colours in a photo.

cheers, keep it up

Hey! I actually did some more weathering on the barrels - will do some photos tomorrow :smile.:

And yeah, taking pictures of Clear Red 1k sons is quite hard :X - but I'm happy with the pictures. If you look at my Brass Scorpion ones - it's the same recipe:

gallery_79873_10492_308518.jpg

Edited by Atia

Thanks for the size comparison.  Little bigger than a 30k primarch, it seems.  Scenic base is also lower.

His pose doesn't look as goofy when you see him without paint, but I'd still want to do something about that right leg.  It just looks wonky from most angles.  The backpack looks really nice, though.

Does he only come in the triumvirate?

Oh man that's crazy! He seems comparable to 30k size though :ohmy.:

He looks a little bigger?

Gman does seem bigger than his 30K brothers ...

I think it's not as bad as the WD made it look - but yeah, he seems to be bigger than other Primarchs without Terminator Armour. That said - you need to remember he wears the plates of his new armour over his old one, basically a "super armour".^^

Thanks for the size comparison.  Little bigger than a 30k primarch, it seems.  Scenic base is also lower.

His pose doesn't look as goofy when you see him without paint, but I'd still want to do something about that right leg.  It just looks wonky from most angles.  The backpack looks really nice, though.

Does he only come in the triumvirate?

Hey :)

For now he only comes with the triumvirate (that said - Cypher alone makes the deal worth!)

"All is dust ...."

gallery_79873_10492_1181.jpg

Ahzek Ahriman

First Captain, Magister Templi of the Corvidae, Leader of the Scarab Occult, Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons

A Terran Marine, Ahriman rose through the ranks of his Legion to become their First Captain, Chief Librarian, and preeminent master of one of their psychic disciplines: precognition. Surviving the various battles of the Great Crusade, Ahriman found himself at the centre of the events that would lead to the fall of the Thousand Sons and their collective descent into the clutches of Tzeentch, Chaos God of sorcery and change, during the Horus Heresy. His actions after the Heresy - particularly creating and enacting the great spell that bears his name - would result in his eventual banishment from the Legion he had spent most of his existence trying to safeguard ...

gallery_79873_10492_76615.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_37066.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_54676.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_205920.jpg

Wow! Awesome. I love the Ahriman model!

Thanks buddy :)

gorgeous work, I especially like the dead space wolf =D

Well - it's only fair, Freki and Geri will have dead Thousand Sons on their bases after all ;)

Glad you like him and the base :)

Nice work on Ahzek, there, Atia. 

It's amazing how much a simple turning of his head does to his pose. I was pretty miffed when I saw the GW pictures of him painted, but then I see yours, where his head is angled 90o to the right, and suddenly I quite fancy him!

Fantastic First Captain, beautifully painted.

Nice minis Atia

Glad you like them :blush.:

Nice work on Ahzek, there, Atia.

It's amazing how much a simple turning of his head does to his pose. I was pretty miffed when I saw the GW pictures of him painted, but then I see yours, where his head is angled 90o to the right, and suddenly I quite fancy him!

Thanks buddy! To be honest I didn't checked the GW version for posing, I just glued the head the way it fit the best and natural for me (following his witch fingers :P).

In other news, I still need to finish some Word Bearers units - 5 Ashen Circle are next! After them I'll paint the first troops choice for my Thousand Sons (not sure what to do though!).

med_gallery_79873_10492_1881005.jpg

Your Ahriman looks really good.

I have noticed something cool with the Ashen Circle....

If you leave the backpacks off and lay the bodies down, they make really convincing corpses :D

Sorry I am a loyalist till I die!!