Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Awesome! I don't like Squats either, but I think that's because of the goofy old models and the naff name, because the Kharadron Overlord models are great, so I'm sure I'll like yours!

Well, the Kharadron already look like stunty Solar Auxilia, so they are perfect.

I agree with you - the old Bob Olley (?) models weren't great and the bikes were goofy. The Kharadrons look more like Mantic's Forgefathers, but with details and done right :P

Awesome news about your plans for a dedicated Squats army list - I'm currently planning on expanding my concepts for 'Questoris Knight Yeomanry' into a full list with background & colour illustrations this summer, so if you need someone to moan at over how much of a grind designing an army from the ground up is, you know where to find me :thumbsup:

Awesome news about your plans for a dedicated Squats army list - I'm currently planning on expanding my concepts for 'Questoris Knight Yeomanry' into a full list with background & colour illustrations this summer, so if you need someone to moan at over how much of a grind designing an army from the ground up is, you know where to find me :thumbsup:

Well the good thing is that the base designs are already done, thanks to GW. The bad thing - I'll have to try to blend these designs into my own stuff. Speaking about that - I totally need to do a jump pack Walker/Dreadnought (anyone else misses jump dreads from rogue trader?) using these baloons ...

Oh, and I need a high gothic name for Squat Strongholds ;)

Well the good thing is that the base designs are already done, thanks to GW. The bad thing - I'll have to try to blend these designs into my own stuff. Speaking about that - I totally need to do a jump pack Walker/Dreadnought (anyone else misses jump dreads from rogue trader?) using these baloons ...

Oh, and I need a high gothic name for Squat Strongholds :wink:

Hmmmm - you could go with the jump pack walkers being developed from mining exoskeletons for use on asteroids - zero gee means jet packs to shoot about? :tongue.:

Oh, and I need a high gothic name for Squat Strongholds :wink:

Castellum Gravitus? Both are latin, and therefore seemingly High Gothic :p

12 hours to go ....

gallery_79873_10492_106634.png

"We have always been a race of traders. It is natural to us that we should trade the fighting skills of our Brotherhoods. As well as bringing us a profit, it also allows our youngsters to gain experience and honour, and to keep alive the skills which our strongholds may one day need for their own defence. And we may find the one or the other lost homeworld during this Great Crusade!"

Edited by Atia

Ok guys - pre-orders are up so I can post my stunties!

Just a little overview post for my Squats. Yep you heard right - I plan to use them for both systems (similiar to daemons), and I'll also do some conversions in the future. I spend the last days painting the first five arcanauts and started the frigate - and I need to say, this is probably the best tank-like kit I ever build. I didn't need any green stuff for gaps and there were almost no mold lines - and the details are quite awesome!

gallery_79873_10492_278106.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_134841.jpg

The arcanauts use 28mm bases and are roughly a head smaller than GW scaled humans - depthcharge12 said they look a bit like stunty solar auxilia :wub:.

gallery_79873_10492_92905.jpg

The next 5 Squats will be another assault cannon and 4 more CC/pistol guys. I may give these chainaxes, not sure on that yet (I also need something for my close combat hearthguard!). I will also paint two rapiers and crews for them (already got them from Kromlech - one has a nasty plasma weapon ...).

gallery_79873_10492_19263.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_39229.jpg

The Antigrav Airship - still WIP:

gallery_79873_10492_159016.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_52763.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_14071.jpg

And yep, some of you guessed right - these are antigrav mines floating around on the base!

Oh man oh man. I am so close to rage quitting my Plastic Crack Anonymous program and spending my rent money on squats. I don't care if they're called kharadron overlords. They're squats.

Yeah, unfortunately unless they are suitably converted (which these apparently aren't) then there is no use. Basically you can't use their weapons. Or you'll have to change something else major about the model.

Edited by Arkangilos

Oh man oh man. I am so close to rage quitting my Plastic Crack Anonymous program and spending my rent money on squats. I don't care if they're called kharadron overlords. They're squats.

Yeah, unfortunately unless they are suitably converted (which these apparently aren't) then there is no use. Basically you can't use their weapons. Or you'll have to change something else major about the model.

I'd say that there are plenty of uses for Kharadron Overlords as Squats/Demiurg, as long as your opponents are willing to allow you to play them and they understand what the models represent.

Here at the B&C, however, unconverted Kharadron Overlord models would be limited to the Liber Victorum (battle reports featuring your Kharadron Overlords proxying some B&C-appropriate faction) or the Army Lists forum (again, your Kharadron Overlords proxying some B&C-appropriate faction). Aside from those uses, unconverted Kharadon Overlords miniatures don't really have a place here.

Now converting Kharadron Overlords to fit into the Warhammer 40,000 game setting should be fairly easy. Weapon swaps are one way, but you can also combine little bits and pieces appropriate to the proxied faction, paint schemes/decorations appropriate to the proxied faction, etc.

The point is that this is a website about the Warhammer 40,000 game setting. If you're not performing the work to make the models look like they belong in the setting, you can still post them in ways that portray you using them in the games of the setting.

The B&C isn't the end-all-be-all of the Warhammer 40,000 hobby universe, though, so the limitations here shouldn't limit how you enjoy the hobby. We're not telling anyone that they can't do things that they want to enjoy the hobby. We're just identifying the restrictions of what is allowed for discussion here.

So if you want to use your unconverted Kharadron Overlord models in games of Warhammer 40,000, go ahead and do so. :cool.:

But she has several models that have been worked on that have special weapons, why can it not be enough to have a squad that looks 30k-40k as opposed to every single model (per the PM)? Like, I understand it needs to be 30kified, but I don't see why every single model needs to be so long as the squad (as a whole) looks like it belongs?

But she has several models that have been worked on that have special weapons, why can it not be enough to have a squad that looks 30k-40k as opposed to every single model (per the PM)? Like, I understand it needs to be 30kified, but I don't see why every single model needs to be so long as the squad (as a whole) looks like it belongs?

What's not to understand? There is a line, and unconverted AoS models are on the wrong side of it. The current images can stay. All we've asked is that moving forward there is more 30k/40k-ification. Whilst some individual models may be unconverted, this cannot be the majority.

Jono

=] The B&C Moderation Team [=

Whilst some individual models may be unconverted, this cannot be the majority.

Alright

And the ones that haven't been converted, per Brother Tyler's message above, can be posted as part of battle reports, etc., but unconverted AoS models have no place in the Forge areas (unless you are demonstrating a technique for painting or something, and then obviously we'd expect it to be a tutorial in that section and not focus on the model, but displaying how to perform the technique).

That's specifically what the Admin said.

If Atia has a question about this, since it's her thread, she'll need to contact the Mods for this section or the Admins. Let's not drive this off further with conversation in her thread that isn't hers.

Edited by Bryan Blaire