[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

Well. The plan was two 15 man squads with combat shields and apothecaries, a 15 man reaver with MoS and Praetor, then three pods thrown down range with terminators/justerin and leviathan. To keep pressure on the enemy. Then maybe a backfield volkite squad to throw shots down field.

Last two matches Horus did everything and the rest of the army just died, any idea about how to fix this?

Brought termis, vets, tacticals and heavy and support squads.

Edited by noigrim

Horus is a boss, genuinely worth his points, especially with a squad of Justaerins and a Primus Medicae. He's not too prohibitive because he doesn't require transportation thanks to his deepstriking rules.

Imo the rest of the army should have ranged elements, and a few additional units to arrive via deepstrike or in Rhinos.

I've had games where Guilliman is the only model left alive aside from a few stranglers as well...

Termie armour and a combi weapon I think.

All the Justaerin work best with combi weapons for maximum damage on the deepstrike.

Use turn 1 to destroy as many transports as possible before they arrive so troops are exposed.

Edited by Ishagu

Termie armour and a combi weapon I think.

All the Justaerin work best with combi weapons for maximum damage on the deepstrike.

Use turn 1 to destroy as many transports as possible before they arrive so troops are exposed.

thanks!

Okay, so I'm in need of some assistance. I have 10 justerin, 2 CF, 2 PF, the rest power weapons and all with combi-plasma. Then I have a praetor in cataphractii with paragon blade. What would you guys suggest to push this army up to 1500 for some games? I was going to splig the Justerin directly down the middle. But what are some other units that would synergize well with these guys?

I was thinking maybe orbital so they deepstrike for free? But I'm not too sure.

Edited by DietOfLiquor

Would help a little to know the rest of the army because at the moment I would suggest 2 tactical squads Sargeant with Power Fist and Artificer Armour.

2 squads of Justaerin are expensive and come in at nearly 600pts for what you're on taking.

I would suggest downgrading you Praetor to a Delegatus for games under 2000pts and give him a Thunder Hammer

It depends what you want your Praetor to do, if you want him to kill characters take a Thunder Hammer for a unit killer take the Paragon Blade.

2 units of 10 Taticals definitely the way to go then.

You will need some Anti Tank then, maybe a couple of Contemptors in Dreadclaws?

It depends what you want your Praetor to do, if you want him to kill characters take a Thunder Hammer for a unit killer take the Paragon Blade.

2 units of 10 Taticals definitely the way to go then.

You will need some Anti Tank then, maybe a couple of Contemptors in Dreadclaws?

can contemptor dreadnoughts go into legion dreadclaws?

They can, however contemptors can't take dreadclaws as dedicated transports, so you'd be better off taking a dreadnought drop pod instead. Not to mention it's just better than the dreadclaw for transporting dreadnoughts given the benefits it provides. 

They can take them as Dedicated Transports in an Orbital Assault list which Dietofliquer is looking at taking. I don't mean to be rude guys but this is basics it's mentioned in like the second paragraph of that RoW.

A Dreadclaw offers better protection to a Contemptor than a DDP. With a 4+ jink, an AV12 shell as well as it being an assault vehicle it's instantly better for 15 more points.

Respectfully I have to disagree with you there, the DDP is better than the dreadclaw for any type of dreadnought. Yes the dreadclaw can jink to keep the dread safe for a turn, and it can move to give the dread a larger charge range, but the dreadnought drop pod lets the dreadnought stay in the pod, shoot out of the pod and get shrouding for a turn. I'd gladly give up the jink protecting in return for the opportunity to shoot while in the pod. Plus the pod itself gets shrouded, so you're just losing a +4 jink save for +5 cover. 

I suppose it all depends if you can forgo that 1 turn of shooting or not and its not just a 4+ jink as a Dreadclaw has 3HP which you have to get through before targetting the Dreadnought.

Burning Retros also gives the models a Dreadnought shoots at the cover save as well.

If you're taking a Dual Grav Contemptor I just think the Dreadclaw is better.

I'll usually take giving my target shrouding for a bit more survivability on my cortus. The chance to shoot and be immune to assaults unless the drop pod is destroyed is the deal breaker for me. Plus an extra turn of graviton is pretty much always going to be helpful. 

Hi Gents, 

First of all let me say that I have to my best knowledge searched the forum for this question, but I could not find anything after the rules update for Justaerin. 

I about to put these guys together and I am still not set on how. 

My army: 

20 reavers

abaddon, horus, 

20 justaerin in 2 spartans (how do I equip these guys) ? 

Thank you in advance. 

Horus really should be deepstriking with his Justaerins.

I don't think Abaddon is necessary as a HQ if you're taking Horus. Perhaps run him as a generic Praetor equipped with Paragon Blade, Power Fist and the Cataphractii primus? That would actually be a more powerful cc character!

So one squad of 10 Justaerins; 5 with twin Lighting Claws, 3 with Power Fists and 2 with Chain Fists in a Spartan alongside Abaddon/Praetor.

20 Reavers in the other Spartan.

The other 10 Justaerins should be equipped combi weapons, 10 Combi Plasmas or Combi Meltas. CC weapons should be cheap Axes and a few Fists thrown in. They deepstrike turn 2 with no scatter alongside Horus and remove a unit from the table. This would actually create a pretty tough army.

Do you have the latest rules for the various units?

Edited by Ishagu