http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308809-a-lesser-son-of-greater-fathers-dregs-of-the-legion/

Book?, I didn't mention a book.

And it had bette happen pretty quick for him, as Space Wolves are rumoured to land in September/October this year

Hey... Do 30K Wolves, that will really mess with WLK's mind :D

And it had bette happen pretty quick for him, as Space Wolves are rumoured to land in September/October this year

Hey... Do 30K Wolves, that will really mess with WLK's mind :D

Part of why my hatred of Rayray runs so deep is that he once did Wolves...sadly, he just wasn't awesome enough to hang and he went traitor.

So I'd love to see him return to the Wolves, but this pack already has an alpha wolf.

I've longer replies to other comments so far, and will get them up during lunch. This just demanded a reply

Uberwolve, are you heretic-ing this ETL or are you wolfing it up?

The grey can be a bit monotone at times, but wolves have character, and we can be as bloody as any traitor.... If I go traitor it will be Alpha's

But can the wolves do it while preaching and dragging the masses into the fight.... 

I don't know, have you tried asking Ulrik the Slayer?

Besides, if you have to talk the masses into fighting, you are going about it the wrong way... Either that or they know they are in the wrong :D

You go preach to your cuckolded children and we will charge headlong into Hel, if it means a decent fight :) 

Thanks for the replies and ideas everybody!

With the Iron Warriors, it's a case of me liking their rules and appearance, but not their fluff. Perturabo (or however it's spelt) strike me all the wrong ways.

I always thought that they had the poorest reasons for falling, thinking of them as the Postman's rage of 30k. Probably not fair, but it's stuck in my head and hard to shake off.

So two pluses and one very big minus

The World Eaters, now they I like. The models and fluff are all top notch. Having A D-B writing for them multiple times elevated them greatly in my eyes.

Problems are color scheme, though there are ways around that and they play very similar to the Wolves I am slowly building. All meched out and looking for faces needing smashing.

So two pluses and 2 minuses, one of them very big

The death guard, now their fluff is alright. Nothing A D-B worthy but better than the IW. The idea i have of them negates most of the painting problems, and Mortarion is a solid primarch.

Massed infantry waves and no fancy moves. Just bludgeoning my opponent until one of us falls.

None of these primarchs got along with Corax, so if I go traitor it's all the way. No brakes on this train.

I haven't given the ad mech or solar whatever any thought, and frankly I don't care about them much. I feel as if every release that isn't legion related is a waste of time and slap in the face to those that are waiting for models and rules.

Black shields...to me they are a lazy way to introduce unbound armies to 30k and maximize profits.

Besides, as chaos is one of the few 40k armies I haven't played, I have too much fun finally being able to field big crap. I don't wanna give up my primarchs (which I thought is a key point about black shields)

*cough*ImperialFists*cough*

No, but really, Iron Warriors will probably give you the playstyle that is the most different from what you've currently got if you go for an Artillery Army. And remember a lot of Iron Warriors didnt like Perturabo.

Edited by Slipstreams

Death Guard are okay, and Morty is solid, but for my taste the Primarch model is Fugly.

With regards to World Eaters... We do not know how they will play compared to 30K Wolves. Also 40K Wolves have didffering playstyles depending how you want to build them up, so you can try to vary it.

Take a look at ww40K Australia... Son your tactic will be going "Up the guts"

@Slips: *I* don't like Perturabo, which is the problem. I'm not going to field a model for a character I don't like much. Silly maybe, but that's how I roll.

@Dantay: problem is with list building, nearly every list I build for the WE comes out almost a copy of the Wolves list I am assembling.

As funny as dropping 5 Spartans would be on somebody, that is too much of a investment right now

Until I see wolf rules, I think the WE idea may be shelved

Purely model based, Curze is beautiful. Too bad he's a flipping nutjob and so similar to my RG

I have to agree on Morty being a massive stick in the mud looks wise. Compared to the other awesome Primarchs, he looks like a dud. At this point, Iron Warriors are even starting to appeal to me just from the talk. I think the foreign play-style from our current armies should be the biggest determining factor, followed by fluff.

Well, if you're gunning to run the Primarch, yeah, thats a problem. What I meant, however, is that you could make an Iron Warriors Army without Perturabo.

Problem is, Unless you like Mortarion or Perturabo, Angron is a very one dimensional Character: He runs forward and punches things good.

Edited by Slipstreams

Why not rewrite Perturabo into being more characterful? People are doing lost Legions, so it probably wouldn't be too farfetched to rewrite a primarch to be.....better i dare say?

Edited by Rayray

Lol, I was actually thinking about the Haunter except he was not one of your 3. So far, I would say the only one not objectionable to you is Death Guard

Would be fun to Watch Brandon Lees Crow go up against Michael Keetons Batman :D

I am assuming that it has to be an army with an existing official FW Primarch model?

Paint a few of each traitor legion and see which one appeals most. Or even drop Iron Warriors and try out the other 2.

Uberwolve, are you heretic-ing this ETL or are you wolfing it up?

The grey can be a bit monotone at times, but wolves have character, and we can be as bloody as any traitor.... If I go traitor it will be Alpha's

I'm undecided. I just got the Battlescribe data files for 30K and I'm made a 1500 point list, just today. However, I don't know which Legion I want to play or paint. 

Adding that to my lack of interest in Powered armour or Space Marines. Honestly the most exciting thing about the list I just put together is the price.. By which I mean not looking very expensive to buy. 

At one point I was looking forward to Dark Angels but some of the models and pictures just don't do it for me.

I'm considering the Iron Hands, with out the Ferrus Manus. Not sure I care for the model. 

It's a reoccurring theme with me. If I don't really like something I don't bother. 

I will most likely miss out on this years ETL

Now, if only there was an Ork subforum...... I'd be ll in no problems.

Iron Warriors hate Imperial Fists

World Eaters hate everyone, but they really Angron famoulsly wants to hunt down Corax of the Raven Guard on Istvaan 5

Death Guard... Not sure to be honest. Mortarian tries to win over the Khan, but they end up in a big duel and decide they will kill each other if they meet again...

Aye, I think it was Scars, you should read it if you can get the chance.

A lot of White Scars consider going over to Horus, so you could run them either way :)

I am sure there is also a short story about a group of traitor Scars somewhere too.

I did tell Rayray to read Brotherhood of the Storm and Scars before going White Scars

And I decided on a traitor legion!

Excited yet?

THE NIGHT LORDS.

I figured if I'm going bad, may as well go all the way.