My jaw dropped. This contemptor is a true piece of art, now I can't wait to see him all painted up ;). I like the stolas as they are and don't know where you would want to add rivets... And you get my respect for magnetising it that much, not only did you want all the options, but it seems that you wanted all the poses too! Magnets rule :P.

That dreadnought is fantastic, you have taken the static plastic contemptor and turned it into something absolutely stunning! What colour scheme are you going to go with.

Thank you! Now I want a second one to make it into a BL contemptor. I learned a lot about that miserable piece of plastic. 

Ye olde blue and yellow. He will be part of my 40K TS.

My jaw dropped. This contemptor is a true piece of art, now I can't wait to see him all painted up :wink:. I like the stolas as they are and don't know where you would want to add rivets... And you get my respect for magnetising it that much, not only did you want all the options, but it seems that you wanted all the poses too! Magnets rule :tongue.:.

Thank you Traitor! Before I paint him I have to finish some half or 3/4th painted miniatures that are waiting for some attention since April. And those rivets will go on the trim, it looks unfinished as it is. Yeah, magnets are awesome :)

Everything's fantastic -- except for the added stole which I feel really messes with the composition of the torso and adds a very cluttered feel.

I'm not set on it. I'll try to make it a bit slimmer and see how it will look. 

Amazing stuff but i agree with kraut!

Keep it up man this is an amazing model!

Thank you mein bubbele. 

A good choice. The flow of the model is much better without the stole!

This is definitely a piece to be extremely proud of! I simply cannot wait to see him painted. Now if I may make just one final suggestion, one thing that's almost my favourite part of the Osiron is that prayer-bead-like decoration added on top of his headcrest, because it really adds another layer of depth. Maybe you could create something similar on your model? It would have the advantage of not messing with the model's silhouette at all.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about the horns being better than the stola, but I guess it's a matter of taste. However he's still incredible brother, a real masterpiece. Also I just realised you left the handle of Magnus knife and I'm not too sure if that makes too much sense...

Finally could get some more bitz for the BL Son of the Cyclops Huron count as. Unfortunately the thumb on the clawed hand is missing. I have to get some donor thumb to transplant from another lighningclaw. So far I'm rather pleased wit how he is turning out. Just a few more little things to add.

med_gallery_76164_9728_62009.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_251912.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_83683.jpg

That just looks epic! Can see a lot of work and hard graft has gone into it. The press molding is bang on. Leaving the stolas out is the best option i recon. Cant wait to see it with some paint on!

Still pausing on the dread. I'm still meditating on the blade. I have some ideas but I'm to busy to get started.

A good choice. The flow of the model is much better without the stole!

This is definitely a piece to be extremely proud of! I simply cannot wait to see him painted. Now if I may make just one final suggestion, one thing that's almost my favourite part of the Osiron is that prayer-bead-like decoration added on top of his headcrest, because it really adds another layer of depth. Maybe you could create something similar on your model? It would have the advantage of not messing with the model's silhouette at all.

Hm... those beads will be a pain to glue together :D If my shipment of beads from Hongkong will ever arrive I'll try it.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about the horns being better than the stola, but I guess it's a matter of taste. However he's still incredible brother, a real masterpiece. Also I just realised you left the handle of Magnus knife and I'm not too sure if that makes too much sense...

Yeah, I'm not so sure about it now. I got a lot of the same feedback in a German hobbyforum, too.

That Huron counts as is looking fantastic, great choice of bits overall! Just my personal preference, but I think giving the head two horns could look nice. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you! Glad you think so. I'm going to replace the chaos star on his left shoulders with the Sons of the Cyclops symbol and than I think he is done. And, well, maybe the thumb...

Phew, this guy has surely come a long way since your last update! Excellent work! He looks so aloof and patrician now, very befitting of a powerful mystic in the service of Tzeentch! I never really knew what to do with that head, and I am so glad to see that you've put it to such good use!

Regarding the beads on the Comtemptor -- why even bother with actual beads? The Tempestus Scions standard top, for instance, features just the beaded chain you need ;)

Yup that Huron looks great, I have the original model too and the thumb also broke when I got to build him!

Thank you. You have my sympathies :D

It's really anoying and I hesitate to much to cut an perfectly fine lightningclaw apart, just because of one thumb.

Phew, this guy has surely come a long way since your last update! Excellent work! He looks so aloof and patrician now, very befitting of a powerful mystic in the service of Tzeentch! I never really knew what to do with that head, and I am so glad to see that you've put it to such good use!

Regarding the beads on the Comtemptor -- why even bother with actual beads? The Tempestus Scions standard top, for instance, features just the beaded chain you need ;)

Yeah, I was very happy to find that head in your bitz drop :D

Although I already used it once on one of my sorcerers and now here, I'll spontan need a third one for BCK conversion challenge.

I have to check my bitzbox, I should have that standart somewhere. Thank you for tHe Tipp! Hm. Hm. Hm...

I think the Huron/Exalted Champion is ready to be primed now. I like how the new claws look on the left hand.

med_gallery_76164_9728_80573.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_60412.jpg

And I made him some more little friends to push around.

med_gallery_76164_9728_82078.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9728_39161.jpg

They will get 2 friends with plasma guns, the rest will be basic bolter CSM. The guy with the claw is the asp. champion of the squad.

med_gallery_76164_9728_55516.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_62265.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9728_24609.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_57150.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_58711.jpg

Your contemptor is ace dude. When is he hitting the painting table?

Nemac

Soon :D Just have to finish the CCW arm and get my glass beads from Hongkong. So far all the rivets are done, I used a 0.5 mm plastic pole for the rivets.

Not-Huron looks excellent! I think he'll need some kind of familiar/tutelary, however, to represent Huron's pet (Hamdrya...something?!). Maybe the walking fish from Silver Tower ;)

His personal followers are interesting, although they don't really look like classic Thousand Sons that much, but rather like a different subsect -- is that hinting at some backstory, maybe? ;)

Not-Huron looks excellent! I think he'll need some kind of familiar/tutelary, however, to represent Huron's pet (Hamdrya...something?!). Maybe the walking fish from Silver Tower :wink:

His personal followers are interesting, although they don't really look like classic Thousand Sons that much, but rather like a different subsect -- is that hinting at some backstory, maybe? :wink:

The familiar is planned, the walking fish is an excellent idea! Now just to get one of those...

And they are indeed not Thousand Sons, they are Black Legion Marines. Sons of the Cyclops to be more acurate. In the old BL supplement the SotC were not only Sorcerers and Rubricae in black, but also all mortal followers of Tzeentch within the Black Legion. I want to stick with that. A tzeentchian non-Thousand Sons dreadnought/helbrute is planed at some point too.

In 2014 I already made a squad of 5 SotC marines and in 2015 a squad of SotC chosen.

Edit: BTW I have used that same head on an TS sorc some months ago, a little "story" about his rise within the TS and his "defection" to the Black Legion is slowly forming in my mind. But it will never be more than some side notes to that character. Have to give him a name and revisit the older kitbash.

gallery_76164_9728_62939.jpg

The normal CSM.

med_gallery_76164_9728_47709.jpg

And the Chosen. I want my CSM not to be to spiky and ornate. That's something for the chosen and veterans.

Edited by Aasfresser

Oh, right, that makes perfect sense! I love how there's still the smallest hint towards a Tzeentchian background, but a marked difference from actual Thousand Sons.

As for the familiar, I love that walking fish as well, so if you should ever find a good option for picking those up, make sure to get one for me as well ;)