This Thread Will contain the extremely slow build up of the core of my Forces, The Effrit Stealth Squad/Seeker Squad Omega.

Notoriously the Space Marine Legion XX is one of subterfuge, and as such my build Will maintain a level of Ambiguity, blurring the lines between its True Loyalties..

For the course of this build I will be using loyalist models as my base, However just as you wont see any "chaos" icons in the build, Dont plan to see the Emperor's Aquila either.. The Majority of the Icons will be Designed around the Pre-heresy markings, -A- ((Alpha)), with the Heraldry being that of the Omega Symbol as a mocking jab at the Ultramarine chapter..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/DSC02408_zpsfdd4b7bb.jpg

((A quick little teaser pic))

"Before we go, let me say this: I understand the conflict in your hearts, how one may beat for duty while the other bleeds for your Legion brothers who will be sacrificed. But this is civil war. It is a time of confusion, and realigned loyalty. We have many heads but we act as one – one Legion with a single will. We are a union of the alike and the like-minded. We will not tolerate treachery. We will not allow our compact to fracture. We will not suffer the short-sightedness of our brother Legions, nor the averted gaze of the wider Imperium. We are Alpha Legion and we take the long view."

— Omegon, twin-Primarch of the Alpha Legion

Thanks Guys!

Yes, Alpha Legion. 

ooh.. I cant Wait to Actually sit down and read Legion... Ive been really slacking on my reading, and im still trying to play catch up.

Covert intelligence involves a lot of waiting around. Know what it's like being a spy? Like sitting in your dentist's reception area twenty-four hours a day. You read magazines, sip coffee, and every so often, someone tries to kill you.  -Michael Westen

I Have to Say I really like the real Subtle notes of chaos on the new Sons of Horus  models by ForgeWorld.. the lightly spiked power packs are something I plan to duplicate aross the whole Legion..

Now, Im still in The planning phase, so I don't have a lot to show you all yet..
Right now Im breaking down the bits that ill want to sculpt and or convert over the entire army(like the little pouches im sculpting right now)
I really like Aerion-the-Faithful's Art..
...and, While it's Very characterfull, Im not sure I like the idea of them Helmless..

Ive already Decided Everyone in my army will wear a helmet to ensure their anonymity stays intact, and I would like to think the Very Mysterous Alpharius Omegon Would do the same((note: this is not so much a critique of the Great art as its an epiphany of what I think I will do differently)) ...
Also, I really liked the shredded rags I did on my Plague Marines, and I don't mind The idea of Alpha legion wearing purity seals, as a product of their deep cover, as simple War trophies, Or even as every bit of the actual symbols of faith and Protection that they Imply..  However the other side  of that Coin is that I think my Alpha Legion Chaplains will Also Bestow Metal pins and/or Tokens as symbols of the long-war Vows Taken by its legion members..

so What do you guys think?

Whoo. The sculpt work on that chestpiece is pretty nice.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Same here. I know very little about the XX Legion (short of what I read in "Legion", and I haven't read that in quite a while), so I'll be watching with great interest smile.png

ooh.. I cant Wait to Actually sit down and read Legion...

You will go from liking, to loving the Alpha legion. I seriously considered abandoning my blood angels after having read the book. In my eyes their heroism exceeds that of every other force in the universe, no other legion would have had the strength or the insight to choose the path they did.

Thanks Everyone!

Glad you all seem to like my Ideas so far..

& Bah! I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read Legion.. sad.png

~ When you're claiming to be someone you're not, the key is commitment. You've got to sell it like your life depends on it. Because sometimes it does. One reason to work with the same people is you know each other's moves; so if you shoot at your team in the middle of an operation, they know to go with it. ~ Michael Westen

((sorry for the quotes.. But I love Burn Notice and I think it fits in with the Concept))

I'm pretty sure ill be equipping my aspiring champion with a bolt pistol and a close combat weapon..
As the mock up shows the close combat weapon is a nod to the hidden Blade from assassin's Creed.. The Templar Style chest piece I've just started sculpting Lends to the duality of the legion I think..
The Hidden blade only needs a few small details.. The rest of him needs a Ton of work..
My eyes need a break already.. I've been trying for the last few hours to sculpt a Hydra head small and detailed enough to use on his armor, and I've been Failing badly..

Yeah! Awesome work and a nice choice for your next project. Are you going for True Scale on top of sculpting almost every details on those guys? Nuts!

Can't wait to see more, keep up the good work!

Thanks.

I always lengthen Marine Thighs. Makes the proportions look Better IMO.. You may have never noticed since I usually have it all covered up and Tidy looking before I post pics.

Im moving Slower than usual. For one I haven't had hardly any free time this last week, but also because I find that "Subtle" and "ambiguous" are difficult design choices..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/DSC02423_zpsd7d43945.jpg

Pay no attention to the Aquila on the bolter it will be scraped off, along with a number of mold lines Ive yet to address. Im still trying to figure out how I want to tackle the legs..

I got so caught up in the alpha legion's awesomeness that I totally forgot to mention what I thought of your models! They look brilliant. ;) I'm seriously impressed with your sculpting skills, I always feel like a stroke victim when I attempt to work with green stuff.

I love that you have stripped them of both chaos- and imperial symbolism - it fits them perfectly! Keep it up!

Thank you, Both.

Excellent sculpting work as always so far.  Have you considered some very subtle scales sculpted on the armor plates here and there?

Im still not sure If I want to sculpt them or instead to do the scales in Paint. I've been tossing around the Ideas of using them as either a kind of Digital Camo Effect, or instead sculpting them as riveted on Brass scales that ill patina Green.

I'm leaning More towards sculpting Brass scales as Tokens of their "Long War" Vows..

Thank you, Both.

Excellent sculpting work as always so far. Have you considered some very subtle scales sculpted on the armor plates here and there?

Im still not sure If I want to sculpt them or instead to do the scales in Paint. I've been tossing around the Ideas of using them as either a kind of Digital Camo Effect, or instead sculpting them as riveted on Brass scales that ill patina Green.

I'm leaning More towards sculpting Brass scales as Tokens of their "Long War" Vows..

This is the greatest idea for Alpha Legion armor I have ever heard. Subtle but effective to differentiate veterans. They can still easily remove them to blend in with their brothers when anonimity is required. A much more efficient and unique idea than painted in scales.

I can go paper thin if need be, It's not a problem at all.

I spaced them out since they are supposed to represent Their "Long War" Vows, and I didn't want to jam a ton of  Vows onto a simple sergeant.. I can see other characters having more and needing to overlap them.. moving the rivet will be simple as well, I was just thinking if I did overlap them I would be able to see each rivet giving myself that much more texture..

Im not sold on them, and I'm up for changing them, but I want them to be Vows first and a nod to the scales second..

Archived