That Legionnaire looks great! Even the big head on the bases is not out of context, it could be painted in a weathered/overgrown statue head in some lost world where this guy's target has been hiding.

Do you plan to paint the Squad in Legion colours or in a more subdued, maybe black tone more in line with the Effreet Squad?

Holy mother of the Emperor. I think I just died from all the awesome in this thread. I quite like that head on the base. I can just imagine him stepping up, coolly levelling his pistol, firing, taking out his opponent, before swinging his left hand up, thrusting the concealed blade into the soft throat join of the Ultramarine leaping at him wielding a combat blade.

eek.gif

You can't do that! You can't start awesome threads and sculpts, do a couple of models and than switch to more awesome models of a different kind!!! How are we to stay sane?!!!

Seriously though, incredible details! The head looks great, though the lighting makes it hard to see it clearly. The tabard is my favourite part though, it looks like a drawing was pluck out and made flesh (well, green stuff really) on your model.

Good job!

Wow.. Thanks Guys!

eek.gif

You can't do that! You can't start awesome threads and sculpts, do a couple of models and than switch to more awesome models of a different kind!!! How are we to stay sane?!!!

Seriously though, incredible details! The head looks great, though the lighting makes it hard to see it clearly. The tabard is my favourite part though, it looks like a drawing was pluck out and made flesh (well, green stuff really) on your model.

Good job!

Here's a better pic of the head.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/DSC02522_zps157e3e53.jpg

its popped off atm so I can detail it out..

SON OF A BITCH. Must you sucker punch the artistic endeavors of every legion!? Just kidding man, he looks amazing, really good job on the skulls and tabard. The face is awesome as well, is he wearing a psychic hood?

IDK.. It might be.. I just had to sculpt the face after I saw this drawing..

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Night-Lord-22571358

So it kinda inspired a lot of the overall design..

Alright, so now all players of almost half the traitor Legions (IIIrd, VIIth, XIVth and XXth) hate you and your way-too-awesome models.

Are you sure you're not a loyalist?

heh..

We have Agents everywhere...

Alright, so now all players of almost half the traitor Legions (IIIrd, VIIth, XIVth and XXth) hate you and your way-too-awesome models.

Count the IV in too. There's just a wide time delay between the artillery shell leaving the barrel, and impact.

Seriously, though, excellent job. Wish I could sculpt faces; alas, my gs-skills are nowhere near such insanity.

So.. Three Years ago I decided I wouldn't spend any money I didn't make within the Hobby on the hobby.. It's helped sharpen my skills,and kept me from going broke, but its also Caused most of my Project logs to follow the likes of artists like Brother Chaplain Kage.. i.e. Filled with a smattering of Interesting models but No actual army in sight..

Yesterday someone offered to buy both my Noise and Plague marines.. And im afraid it will toss this Project into limbo If I accept it, but on the other hand it will buy me new kits to play with without having to resort to taking on a real commission at this time..

So.. Three Years ago I decided I wouldn't spend any money I didn't make within the Hobby on the hobby.. It's helped sharpen my skills,and kept me from going broke, but its also Caused most of my Project logs to follow the likes of artists like Brother Chaplain Kage.. i.e. Filled with a smattering of Interesting models but No actual army in sight..

Yesterday someone offered to buy both my Noise and Plague marines.. And im afraid it will toss this Project into limbo If I accept it, but on the other hand it will buy me new kits to play with without having to resort to taking on a real commission at this time..

Artist? Nah, I'm just a hobbyist. You are an artist, sir.

If you're looking to build an army, I'd say go for the sale. You could make new noise and plague marines and they'd probably be even more incredible the second time around.

If they mean more to you than that and you don't want to sell them, I understand that as well. I don't know how much your interested party is willing to pay, but I've had offers on some of my conversions in the past and the price was never worth the sentimental value to me.

Whatever you choose, I just can't wait to be blown away by your next figure.

Thanks kage.

Sorry my little "Tantrum" Is unnecessary..

Being Stuck between not feeling like my Alpha legion Design is Detailed or fleshed out enough yet, and the Offer to sell, had me sitting around staring at my desk the entire Day I had set aside to sculpt my little toy soldiers..

The ability to slap together an VIIIth legion Marine and have him Ooze more character than the models for the legion im actually trying to flesh out, proves I have more detailing to do..

Archived