Its not dead yet...

Time to dust off this topic, write down my plans and make it Real..

Oh my God-Emperor, I thought someone had just zombied this fething thread to speak of its awesomeness, but you're back!

http://i.imgur.com/kBMVB8o.gif

I'm totally prepared to feel completely inadequate by your sculpting skills again, and can only say...

http://i.imgur.com/Cjy5Dws.gif

Again, Thank You!!

Love the Welcome! But, There is no way I can live up to this much Hype...

Oh my God-Emperor, I thought someone had just zombied this fething thread to speak of its awesomeness, but you're back!

Ya.. Its not my Noise or Plague Marines.. So... Little or no chance of it being Re-awakened by anybody but me..

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278042-building-noise-marines-wip/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278544-building-plague-marines-wip/

Im hoping it cools down here this week.. Yesterday was far too hot to sit at my desk and mix up GreenStuff..

Im still sketching things out.. Give me ONE cool day or night and Ill crack open the boxset and start playing..

((ok.. I'm De-spruing a chosen))

Spies, and Assassins are alot  like plumbers, Apothecaries or Tech-Priests. Everybody is always looking for a good one.

It's Alpha-Legion so, it's easy, right...?

The Imperial Guard's, Cadian troops are best known for their guard work. It's a big part of their name, and its a big part of what they do, but it's not the only part. They'll also rain hot lead down wherever you want. It's not work that attracts service-with-a-smile types, so sneaking into their ranks can be a little difficult.

I know, everyone whispers about Alpha Legion hiding among the "Loyalists", but thats just not the way it is.  The thing about security is that the very things that protect you can be turned against you by someone who knows what he's doing. It's tough to compromise a well thought-out security system, but making someone think you can compromise it, well, that's much easier. Take surveillance cameras, for example: you can disable one by shooting a laser at it and overloading the light sensitive chip. Cheap, easy, and exactly the sort of thing a sophisticated threat with lots of resources would do. Leave around some tell-tale signs like a small xenos artifact, a few logde coins, a forgotten camera lens cap and the more security there is, the more likely they are to think they've got a very serious problem. Even the Cadian themselves can be an opportunity. The more Troops you have, the more you have to worry about them. Deliver some vague threats and a few hundred credits to a lowly guardsmen. If he's honest he'll tell his Commanding officer, who then wonders who wasn't so honest. For the cost of a nice dinner you can get a whole Gaurd team reassigned, And just in the knick of time a unit of polished Ceramite-clad Space marines stroll in to save the day..

What nobody talks about however, is the otherside..

See.. The truth is neither side trusts you, and infiltrating Chaos can be harder still.

Sure, you collect skulls and trophies, wear heavily modified armor, toss in an optic or two on your helmet to make it look like you've been "gifted" by the chaos gods with a few extra eyes, maybe some servo-operated tentacles, or fake that extra appendage. It works to fool the majority, but I find killing works best. When you've fought next to the likes of WordBearers, and Emperor's Children, you begin to learn no matter how innocent the population may be, there is far worse things than death, like cultists, and a clean headshot or well timed explosion ensures the least amount of suffering while maintaining a  large enough body count to appease the chaos band you're infiltrating. Things, however don't always go to plan, and that's why I like Blight-Grenades..

Modified Blight Grenades, are usefull for 2 things. One: is it gives off a enough raw warp energy to fool any suspicious sorcerer using his dark powers to scan you, to see if you are indeed tainted by chaos.. And two: there are just some fights you can't win. A force can be so overwhelming that no tactical approach in a fight is going to lead to a victory worth having. When you can't win in a fight, sometimes you have to settle for making sure that if you lose, everyone loses. It works for nuclear weapons; it works for me.

Very interesting, I really like the helmet on the Librarian. The other guy is rather interesting, not sure how I feel about his eyes, but it looks dang good!

Yeah.. I've taken that helm back off.. I kinda like the look of forge world's, Magister Sevrin Loth.. so i'm working on sculpting a helm like his atm, to work in its place..

& I know my "chaos" infiltrators will look a bit odd at first.. Somebody is out there looking at there screen and Going, "I'm not sure what it is but its not quite Chaos.."                    And They wouldn't be wrong exactly......

Trick is to get it all to work together... Not only with eachother but with every unit I bring in..

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/DSC02786_zps7005f974.jpg

Got questions

1. What are your GS mix proportions? Seems that mine (60y/ 40b) never cures and always stays a little soft
  2. You did a very useful tutorial on bolts. How do you incorporate them to your models after molding them? I mean do you let them dry and glue them or do you set them up while still "fresh"?
  3. For your robes, purity seals and anything long and thin, do you use baking paper ?
  4. What the hell do you eat for breakfast to produce that ? :)

Got questions

1. What are your GS mix proportions? Seems that mine (60y/ 40b) never cures and always stays a little soft
  2. You did a very useful tutorial on bolts. How do you incorporate them to your models after molding them? I mean do you let them dry and glue them or do you set them up while still "fresh"?
  3. For your robes, purity seals and anything long and thin, do you use baking paper ?
  4. What the hell do you eat for breakfast to produce that ? smile.png

1: Mostly I use 52-53%yellow/47-48%blue.. Now, if i'm smoothing something out, and all im doing is adding a thin layer of GS to finish something off, I run a bit more like your 60/40 because I dont want it to cure right away, or I also mix a 60/40 when its an EXTRA small detail and i need that little dot of GS to stick to that spot right there..

2: for most any of that I let them dry at least over night and break out the glue,, grab my knife, touch the glue with the tip, touch the model where I want to stick the rivet, use the still sticky tip of the knife to pick up the rivet and apply..

3:This very blurry pic is just a small portion of the dried sheets of greenstuff I have on my desk for doing that kind of thing.. I just roll them out in a little lube, or water, peel them up and set them somewhere to dry.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/Zsoulless/DSC02796_zps13a81b66.jpg

4:Mostly a coffee,eggs, and Toast kind of guy..

Absolutely enlightening!!

I usually try to sculpt in the fresh which never seems to work or don’t do enough steps and planning and I don’t use enough molds obviously. So it’s mold time !!!

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques

Absolutely enlightening!! I usually try to sculpt in the fresh which never seems to work or don’t do enough steps and planning and I don’t use enough molds obviously. So it’s mold time !!! Thank you so much for sharing your techniques

Np. When im sculpting something organic I'll push soft putty around all day.. When you get into the hard details, you have to step back, start looking at all the little pieces that make up the whole of the model, and build each of those. That's when I start making my own tools, and my desk starts looking like the old play-doh fun factory..

Archived