Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

It is really nice to be painting again. And sculpting too now that I've picked up tips from many sources.

The Raptors are now primed (just about. The can ran out on the last areas) so painting will start soon :)

Have to admit that it's comments from people on here and a certain bunch of misfits elsewhere that have kept me going. And being able to pass on knowledge and talk ideas has helped too :tu:

I'll likely do some again so I'll do a step by step then.

Until then here's a basic idea.

1: roll some green stuff as thin as you need it between two bits of greaseproof paper (it doesn't stick to it) and leave it for a few mins.

2: cut out a small square and put into place.

3: push the corners our a little with a curved tool. Not something with an edge.

4: press a mechanical pencil where you want rivets.

5: press some lines in from where the rivets are to look like stretch lines.

6: press in holes for eye sockets, nostrils and mouth. Leave to cure fully.

7: add a tiny sausage where you want the nose. Smooth out the putty till you're happy with it. Doesn't have to be correct as there's no bone or cartilage to hold the shape.

Not sure if that helps.

I love the idea behind the guy with a face pinned over his own- was he inspired by Handsome Jack or the guy from Repo (genetic opera)? Or did You think this madness up all on your own?

Just wanted to do another face really and thought I'd do one with six rivets on a nice flat area. Not got round to those films either but Repo always looked interesting.

I know right? Forte is really in a painting/converting spree and I sure hope it continues - the end result must be very rewarding for him anfd it's sure a pleasure to watch! :smile.:

Quoted for truth.

ill make sure he continues, im his short fat white mr motivator, hence my pikky

I'm going to throw this one out there. Tried it in the Legion of Excess area but footfall is always low there for some reason.

Now...I have about £40 to add something on and I want to do something a bit bigger and slightly modified, so I have the following in mind but cannot totally decided:

>Forgefiend/ Maulerfiend kit. Added flayed flesh and trophies. More built round the Mauler look as I don't like the upright pose.

>Spawn. But...I don't like the spawn kit as its a bit "let's get a rat ogre and add tenticles" so substitute ideas would be needed. Talos or Varghist are possible. Assembled differently.

>Obligatory Obliterators. This is one kit I hate but like the concept. Also no way Slaanesh looking.

>Chaos Cultists. Done from Flagellants and Wytchs.

Other ideas are greatly received but not the hellturkey. Don't fancy one this close to Xmas really :thanks:

Just a couple of ideas that you might find helpful:

1. Spawn:

Use Vargheists, like you said. Combined with the faceless masks, chain flails and nasty spiky parts from the Cronos/Talos kit, they should already look pretty nasty. In order to make them look like spawn instead of Dark Eldar Grotesques, you could add some asymmetrical horns to the heads, some suitably Slaaneshi mutations (the Hellstrider lances make for very evil looking barbs) and/or Tyranid bitz. You could also add some leather straps and spiky armour plates to their bodies. And add some GS to the flesh and use it to add "ports" that show where their power armour used to be plugged into their black carapace, making them look like mutated Astartes that are now used as litle more than frenzied beasts to be whipped into action (or, well, ecstasy, this being Slaanesh and all).

2. Oblitz:

You can use Centurions to kitbash Oblitz, as I have done. Add some sonic weaponry to them and use some suitable heads (the warp talon/Raptor heads come to mind) and you're almost there!

...and even though you don't want a Heldrake, check this out: Maybe it'll change your mind...

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/8/23/530350_sm-Awesome%2C%20Daemon%20Engine%2C%20Heldrake%2C%20Insect%2C%20Slaanesh.JPG

Edited by KrautScientist

@KrautScientist. With the spawn I was more thinking about body parts being the wrong way, hands in place of feet. Basically I've been looking at too much Clive Barker stuff of late. And although I love your take on oblits using the Centurions, I just feel they are too bulky and static for Slaanesh.

Edit. Response to your edit pic. I spotted that earlier and it's lovely. I just don't want to do a flyer yet. In the future, yes.

Edited by forte

By the Emperor / Dark Gods, those are some incredible models, man.:biggrin.:

I don't even plan on painting any more Emperor's Children and I still want some of those Kakaphoni things now.:laugh.:

The new stuff is looking pin-sharp, too. Can't wait to see them with paint on.:happy.:

Nothing says legion of excess like an excess of pie plates! Get on it!

Plus I kinda want to see how you tackle a slaaneshi vehicle.

And speaking of Slaanesh (hope you don't mind a pic post!) I had a friend of mine draw this up as a Battle Standard for my Slaaneshi Warriors of Chaos. Thought you mind enjoy it. 

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC230002_zps6b448d20.jpg

Edited by Flint13

The vehicles will have to wait as I tried them when they first came out but never finished them. So, safe to say they need some reworking as I'm not happy with how the trim came out. And, I have the Raptors on the go too.

Forte!! Nice looking Raptors!! Is the lord wearing a crown, or is that some kind of augmentation?? Either way, he looks angry and full of mad!!

Keep it up brother!!

End of Line

Lol...no crown. That's where I filed the head down. It's supposed to be his face nailed to his skull. Needs some work though.

Just a couple of ideas that you might find helpful:

1. Spawn:

Use Vargheists, like you said. Combined with the faceless masks, chain flails and nasty spiky parts from the Cronos/Talos kit, they should already look pretty nasty. In order to make them look like spawn instead of Dark Eldar Grotesques, you could add some asymmetrical horns to the heads, some suitably Slaaneshi mutations (the Hellstrider lances make for very evil looking barbs) and/or Tyranid bitz. You could also add some leather straps and spiky armour plates to their bodies. And add some GS to the flesh and use it to add "ports" that show where their power armour used to be plugged into their black carapace, making them look like mutated Astartes that are now used as litle more than frenzied beasts to be whipped into action (or, well, ecstasy, this being Slaanesh and all).

god damnit your both looking through my bits box... im sure you guys come in when im working and look around, next time make yourselves useful and clean my bloody kitchen! -.-

Grrrr....the curse of having a two year old with a cold!!!

Finally started to get some brush work done on the Raptors. Bases, pink shoulders, soft armour and the bare metal on the jump packs. But... The little one keeps waking with a blocked nose and spotted these things that daddy has. And lamps. And water. And daddy picks them up so... And look...pew pew (him with a melta gun).

Needless to say, it's not happening tonight. Gutted as I was getting into it and was gonna get the eye lenses done, bare metal on the weapons and see what else could be started. At least they'll be dry for the next session. And hopefully his nose will be better too (fingers and everything crossed).

liar, you have a cold and was getting cuddles and attention of the wife... 

hope the little one gets better soon, sucks having a runny nose, must be even more frustrating if your two

oh pm me your address, ill get that stuff in the post for you if i get the chance, deffo get t sorted by monday, ill even go first class so you can start a spawn sooner for us to all drool over

Edited by SlaveToDarkness