Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

i challenge you

Why me...WWHHHHHYYYYYY!!!

Will have to plan it out a bit. Think the side with the leather may be the best place for it.

+ + + VOW 2 PROGRESS UPDATE + + +

Not long left now till the ETL finishes :ohmy.: :unsure.: :blink.: Better get a move on. Speaking of which...

I've finished up the main 'tank' type stuff and started to add the more Slaanesh details. Starting with the added on details and I'll see how it looks once those are done.

med_gallery_29004_9523_193418.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_79014.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_145946.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_267164.jpg

May be tempted to try to paint a large Slaanesh rune on one of the sides. Influenced partly by this.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/074/8/1/the_mark_of_slaanesh_by_simonbreeze-d5y37du.jpg

Possibly do some marble on a flat plate or two. Maybe even go a bit Jackson Pollock somewhere. We'll have to see.

Thanks for checking in and don't forget your own ETL vows :thanks::thumbsup:

seriously if you do this symbol i will finish making my plague reaper before the year is out:thumbsup:

ps tanks looking :thumbsup:

I only said "influenced" don't forget :wink:

ha ha looks like i am safe from continuing my reaper then:biggrin.:

honestly it would be a hell of an undertaking to do that picture,its not one i would wish to attempt and i have quite a ssssttteeady hand :laugh.:

but if you were to do A symbol ,i would suggest a stencil to get the idea ,maybe paint it on a little clear plastic or paper first to see if it would look right before you start the tank there are a lot of indentations and rivets to get in the way .that way if you decide against it you wont have to repaint the tank

Not long left now till the ETL finishes :ohmy.: :unsure.: :blink.: Better get a move on. Speaking of which...

I've finished up the main 'tank' type stuff and started to add the more Slaanesh details. Starting with the added on details and I'll see how it looks once those are done.

med_gallery_29004_9523_193418.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_79014.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_145946.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_267164.jpg

May be tempted to try to paint this Slaanesh rune on one of the sides.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/074/8/1/the_mark_of_slaanesh_by_simonbreeze-d5y37du.jpg

Possibly do some marble on a flat plate or two. Maybe even go a bit Jackson Pollock somewhere. We'll have to see.

Thanks for checking in and don't forget your own ETL vows :thanks::thumbsup:

I only said "influenced" don't forget :wink:

no you never :P

Think this may be the last update before my second vow is complete. I doubt very much that I'll go for a third as this has taken me long enough and I'm almost at power armour painting burnout point so need to paint something different to keep things fresh.

You can see better how the colour is coming in now but it does need some freehand details for sure (which I've been putting off attempting like a chicken).

med_gallery_29004_9523_193915.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_89199.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_222683.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_306278.jpg

And yes, I know I took the pics with the wrong gun in place. It is a Stormsword as well as a Shadowsword or Bainsword.;

So the next post may be the last for my ETL 3 vows which feels a bit strange but there's been some amazing modelling and painting happening which can never be a bad thing at all.

Cheers for looking as always :thanks: :thumbsup:

I love that it has the number 6 decalled on.

Has three of them too. And it was called EXTREMIS. Hard to resist really. Must have been a gift.

May have to spray on a new name in Chaos Dark Tongue.

Possible options:

Soul Flayer

gallery_29004_6198_5394.png

Soul Destroyer

gallery_29004_6198_739.png

Haha, "coming along nicely" is an understatement. That thing looks *stupid* awesome. I really enjoy the fact that we get to see it in basically the production line STC format it rolled off the Forgeworld in, before (what I'm only assuming will be) a riot of Slaaneshi cultists get to it to skank it up :happy.:

I really love the idea of having details of what start as calm legible lettering devolving into frenzied paint flinging. I can even visualize a Noise marine crew member becoming more and more hilariously enraged over the standardized decaling the tank came with.

I can only hope you do something absolutely perverse to that imperial eagle on the very front :biggrin.:

Edited by Flint13

I can only hope you do something absolutely perverse to that imperial eagle on the very front :biggrin.:

I live the fact that no one has noticed that the eagle has no heads ;)

+ + + VOW 2 MINI UPDATE + + +

Yay, the little one had a nap so...I did the housework...

Yeah, right. But usually I'd do some. Had a go at some free hand stuff. Still more to do but wanted some feedback before continuing.

med_gallery_29004_9523_81408.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_165872.jpg

gallery_29004_9523_61992.jpg

So this is much closer to the next batch of pics being the last for this :thumbsup: :woot:

+ + + VOW 2 COMPLETED + + +

As it says, I have actually finished my second vow for the E Tenebrae Lux III (which is two more than I've ever completed before).

So here she is. The Stormsword now known as Soul Flayer (formerly the Extremis).

med_gallery_29004_9523_682634.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_871.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1224591.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1373894.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_990345.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1097554.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_246844.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1469165.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_133223.jpg

I can safely say that I'm surprised I managed to finish what I did. Which I'm guessing means my painting speed is picking up a bit or I'm enjoying painting properly again.

Think I may have to take a break from painting Marines and 40K for a short while to avoid burnout but I'll still be posting on my blog and commenting on things on the B&C.

Good luck to everyone still painting and cheers for the encouragement :thanks: :thumbsup: :woot:

Nice Foul Slayer :D

Job well done!!

!¡! Congrats !¡!

Cheers. Hadn't spotted that other version on the name :tu:

Congrats on the finished vow! The freehand and weathering turned out really well. I particularly like the Slaanesh icon on the forward left panel. Very nice :)

Many thanks. First time finishing a tank and actually weathering too. Very happy with that.

Looks amazing, subtle yet awesome conversion work and nice tones wish I could paint vehicles this well

No reason why you can't. It was all paint and either brush or sponge. Nothing complicated really.

Great work!

Nicely corrupted.

Thank you.