Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Thanks! 

@Augie: Steal away! I've stolen the idea from ADBs "Talon of Horus" :)

@Archaeinox: My local independent hobby store ordered it for me from GW. That way I can get around the ridiculous shipping costs to Germany. 

I'm painting the rapier carrier and the first crew member but I got bored and build a new Chaos Spawn from the wraiths.

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn close up 1

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn close up 2

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn close up 3

Now I just have to build another one and paint them. And the rest of my vow...

Every time I look at your Thousand of Sons Chaos Spawn, I really like them.  They are just an awesome alternative to the normal chaos spawn model.

Agree.  Reallt looking forward seen this model painted.

How the rest of the Call of Chaos vow getting on?

Thank you guys!

Well at I think I can make it for the 15.12. but the maulerfiend could break my neck... I hate the fleshy parts if that thing. Such a pain in the rectal region to paint it...

But the rapier is progressing and I nearly finished one of the screamers.

Maybe I finish it today and can show a picture.

Thank you guys!

Well at I think I can make it for the 15.12. but the maulerfiend could break my neck... I hate the fleshy parts if that thing. Such a pain in the rectal region to paint it...

But there´s all kinds of awesome tubing on the Maulerfiend´s rectal region! ;) :tongue.:

Thank you guys!

But there´s all kinds of awesome tubing on the Maulerfiend´s rectal region! :wink: :tongue.:

golly... 

Here is a wip picture of the first screamer of tzeentch. I have to finish the teeth. The rest I consider finished. I will repaint them at some point in time and for now, I think that screamer is just fine.

Screamer of Tzeentch wip 1

Screamer of Tzeentch wip 2

Wraith spawn is awesome as ever.

But the blending on the screamer is sublime, really well done.

Thank you 1000eyes! Hm... I only spent around 60 min for the screamer, because I just wanted to try something. Actually I drybrushed the screamer and than started blending on the tendrils, mouthparts and scales. Glad to hear you like this quick and dirty approach :D

I build the next chaos spawn for my vow. Now I pledged 2 for CoCVIII but I still have one unfinished lying around here for about a year now.

So in total I have three:

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip group

And here is the newest one. It's my favorite so far :wub.:

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip 1

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip 2

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip  3

Fantastic. Those Spawn really are something next level. The concept is so novel, yet so obvious - it makes you question: what happens to the spirits of the Rubricae when their armour is destroyed.

This. This is what happens: they continue on haunting the battlefield, terrorizing the enemy, destroying their will to live.

Fantastic. Those Spawn really are something next level. The concept is so novel, yet so obvious - it makes you question: what happens to the spirits of the Rubricae when their armour is destroyed.

This. This is what happens: they continue on haunting the battlefield, terrorizing the enemy, destroying their will to live.

I imagine the same thing. After the armor and the esoteric seals are broken I imagine the power armor to corrode and break apart. The trapped spirit finally free and enraged after nearly 10000 years of undeath and service tries to escape and become one with the sea of souls. If there was not for this pesky god of change and deceit. It seems that a Rubricaes soul does not dissolve in the warp, as other souls do. There are some fluff segments about Thousand Sons Sorcerers preforming mass-resurrection rituals on former battlefields, like on Garm. A sorcerer strong enough could simply recreate the power armored prison and entrap his "brothers" again, as Ahriman did in "Atlas Infernal". Or that powerful sorcerer could use the free powerful spirits as a weapon in itself. Letting them attack and destroy the enemy, forcing them back into their armor afterwards.

For me the Rubricae have an almost demonlike quality since the rubric. A shame they don't have the "Deamon of Tzeentch"-SR included in their profile for the same costs. That would make up for everything and actually make the as resilient as they are supposed to be.  

I concur this spawn idea is ingenious. So much better for Thousand Sons than regular spawn models. Definitely stealing that some day. :smile.:

Thank you! Please steal it! It would be great to see them painted by you. Your TS look great.

Your first picture there may be one of my favorite pictures I have every seen on this forum. It just so perfectly captures the process of model creation in the three different stages it shows.

Wow, thank you Teets! 

And because I spend the last few days with building and painting bases and modifying already primed stuff I still haven't finished anything.

But here are some wip pictures of the Rapier Segway with Laser Destroyer. Still a lot to do. But the base is painted and magnetised. The Crew-Rubric-Marines armor is almost finished. The other one lost his staff and got a bolter instead. I like him more that way. Also, he got a small servoskull buddy for aiming so he can better point at things.

Thousand Sons Rapier Carrier /w Laser Destroyer wip 1

Thousand Sons Rapier Carrier /w Laser Destroyer wip 2

I really like how you have done that rapier it looks very nice

Thank you! Hope you will like the finished rapier as well ;)

_________

Again, I got distracted. This time with some random cultists count as. I returned to the idea of the "Hidden Ones" the TS used during the Great Crusade. Individuals that most of the Time are not aware they are serving the TS and are manipulated by them. 

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Renegade Militia WIP

Those two will be some renegade Militia/PDF characters. Governor Vytautas Vrass and his palace guard. HE can be used as an Arch-Demagogue, Master of the Hordes, ruthlessly sending the peasant militia of his feudal planet into the meat grinder to please his occult masters.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Radical Inquistitor /w Acolytes Rogue Psycer Coven

Inquisitor Petro Borellus of the Ordo Hereticus and two of his gifted acolytes. Questing around the Maelstrom and getting deeper and deeper into the corrupted realms his views on heresy might have changed. Still trying to stop a Thousand Sons Coven lead by a powerful Sorcerer.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Inquisitorial Acolyte wip

This one is still nameless. He is heavily inspired by KrautScientists Inquisitor Titus Alvar. A former acolyte of Inquisitor Borellus, becoming an Inquisitor himself and fierce witch-hunter. Equipped with a deamonsword and archaeo-tech crossbow. There is still a lot of GS-work to do on the chest and his arms.

Hope you like those unwitting fools :)

There really cool Aasfresser.  That could be a really nice theme Cultist unit mix it with them, convert up Prospero Spirguards (Battle of the Fang era) & also mix in Beastmen (Talons of Horus) to the lot.

But looking forward to see these models painted up.

There really cool Aasfresser.  That could be a really nice theme Cultist unit mix it with them, convert up Prospero Spirguards (Battle of the Fang era) & also mix in Beastmen (Talons of Horus) to the lot.

But looking forward to see these models painted up.

Thank you IP! I'm planning some Beastmen Cultists, too ;)

And for the spireguard, the militia I plan is sinspired by them. As far as I understood it, the spireguard used during the battle of the fang was some random PDF brainwashed by the TS and equipped with old spireguard stuff. I want them to be like the spireguard, without being the spireguard. I chose the maxmini steam knight helmets for them because I don't like shakos in 40k :D

Thank you 1kEyes and Augie!

And something more unrelated to my army, I build a ministorum priest for my cousins Astra Militarum, it's a birthday present. I like the grumpy fat guy, and the priest turned out just fine, too :tongue.:

Ministorum Priest Wip 1

Ministorum Priest Wip 3

Ministorum Priest Wip 2

The base was the fat monk from the bretonnian men-at-arms. The only non-GW bit is the head, it's from Maxminis Ash Junkers set. The quality of those heads is super crisp as always with Maxmini. Unfortunately I'm out of books, so he has to memorize his canticles and prayers.

Edited by Aasfresser