Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

Hotdamn, dude.

Damn.

Such awesome stuff here. I haven't checked this thread for ages and oh my fricking lawd what an amazing blast of inspiration!!

You need to finish this guy.

Hidden Content

gallery_92971_12020_594733.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_334764.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_724632.jpg

NOW.

Also, this guy:

Hidden Content

gallery_92971_12020_5129.jpg

could be used as either a Leviathan or a Contemptor with dual Butcher cannons. For sure!!

also also: I had that same idea for a custom contemptor. I'll let you have credit, bt don't be mad if I build something similar. :wink::thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I really have to get back to that first terminator. He's already sitting in my cupboard for far too long. But first I want to paint the raptor I've built in a competition with MikhalLeNoir so I can get back into a groove, because it's actually been a while since I've last painted a mini. I'd love to see you do a similar conversion with a dread. It would be really interesting what you can come up with...also I think there's a couple conversions with the fiend legs out there, if I remember correctly so there's no need for credit. :wink:

Thanks for all, man!

Very cool. Sometimes small alteration make a model really outstanding.

Thanks, buddy! Yeah that's true. I first and foremost aimed at getting the proportions to my liking and then making him look a bit more menacing. I think stuff like the changed eye slit does a lot in that regard.

The better proportions really work well over the squat originals.

Absolutely. It's nonetheless a pretty great box with loads of great sculpts and awesome weapons and whatnot in it, but the stocky bodies just don't work for me.

WOW. It's amazing how good that looks after your alterations. I think the eye slit is a genius idea, definitely going to be trying that on some of my models. Can't wait to see more DG from you!

Thanks! If that means seeing more Death Guard from you I'm all for it. :smile.:

That Night lords beast is stunning Isengrin ! I'LL keep an eye on it, and follow this closely :wink:

Great job !

Thanks, man! If all goes well I'll have the missing feet in my mailbox at the beginning of next week and then I'll be able to finish the conversion.

• 6 months later...

A tale of two Empires I

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert... near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed;

And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

In a vast and uncaring galaxy, the smallest ember can set whole empires on fire.

It is the 35th Millennium and mankind is on the brink of descending into darkness once again.

gallery_92971_12020_140588.jpg

Edited by Isengrin

It was about time^^

It's been a while, hasn't it? :wink:

Very. Very. Promising.

Let's hope I don't disappoint then. :biggrin.:

Looking very good, nice use of the biker head.

Thanks! I thought the head would fit quite well without looking too on-the-nose nurgle-ish.

Welcome back. :cool.:

The properly proportioned plague marines look fantastic.

Thanks buddy. It's good to be back. :wink:

Gulp. Holy crap. 

That Shelley poem nicely rounds off the creepy vibe these guys have. Impressive.

Thanks man! I really like the vibe of that poem and how it's appropriate for the perished empire of Nova Terra.

mmmm jesus, that's great.

Thanks!

Fantastic stuff, I think you've done a great job on these. It's hard to pick out something that stands out to me because the quality as a whole is so high.

Keep up the good work, these are great. :thumbsup:

Thanks! That's really kind of you.

So, Nova Terra Interregnum. Even though Apologist has gotten way ahead of me with plowing that proverbial field, there should be more than enough gaps in this chunk of background for me to fill with all kinds of conversions and craziness. I was always fascinated by such tiny, only lightly broached pieces in 40k's story and now I've decided to place my recent and soon-to-come stuff in that time period. I'll still put Night Lords in there, because in my timeline they're major players during the turmoil of the Interregnum as they are carving out their own territory, Plague Marines will show up, Iron Hands and Mech as well with all that Moirae Schism going on, some (Dark) Eldar reavers, human forces, strange aliens, and (later) a few marines from the cursed funding. That should keep me occupied for a while. :teehee:

After fiddling around with the recent Death Guard releases I came up with my first converted Death Shroud dude, whose now a regular squad leader. I really, REALLY can't stand their stances and how far apart their legs are, so that was the first thing that had to be changed. I'm also leaning toward toning down their look by exchanging a few bits and pieces with "normal" looking parts. The second plague marine was actually finished in January or so.

gallery_92971_12020_283313.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_418057.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_290073.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_419707.jpg

This guy is the first representative of the Gargui, a hunter cadre for my Night Lords. They'll count as berserkers, should I ever come around to play another game, and will be equipped with falx-like blades. I think this one's gonna stay the only Gargui with such an organic blade and I'll probably take off those horns on his shoulder pad and replace them with spikes.

gallery_92971_12020_344189.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_376145.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_174788.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. :smile.:

Beautiful stuff as usual man, I’m really amped to see your take on the Death Guard. Also I need to see more of your terminators! They’re a damn gift to this hobby hahaha thinking about adding any to your Iron Hands???

Yep. It has been a while. But as usual the wait was worth it. Your new models look bad ass

Thanks, buddy! Maybe I should pick up a brush again as well and paint one of those for a change. :teehee:

These are fantastic marines! Great work converting and building them up!

Thanks!

Wow, just wow. Damn impressive true scaling

Thanks, man!

Beautiful stuff as usual man, I’m really amped to see your take on the Death Guard. Also I need to see more of your terminators! They’re a damn gift to this hobby hahaha thinking about adding any to your Iron Hands???

Thanks, my friend! I still got a few Death Guard legionnaires lying around, who are waiting to get cut and drilled to pieces. But I kinda feel like they could stand a more sinister look, which means I'll have to experiment some more.

About those Iron Hands...YES!

Great work on the Plague Marines, but especially on the Night Lord. He looks glorious.

Thanks, Auggs! I just hope I don't run out of patience building a whole squad of them. :tongue.:

The idea of using a daemonette claw as a sword bit is so ingenious. It's amazing what other hobbyists can do. You think you've peeked, but you visit this forum and get so much more inspiration. 

Thanks! Sometimes these kinds of ideas are just a deep look into the bitzbox away.

Terminator Number 3 is beginning to take shape and although he's missing all the bling and details right now, I'm already pretty happy with him. 

gallery_92971_12020_284567.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_269287.jpg

Until next time.

Edited by Isengrin

Yes

Paint some.and make.a diorama for armies on parade. Will crush anything else.

Did i mention that I love.your club? Very evil looking

Haha, I'm not sure I'll ever finish enough models for that kind of endeavour. :tongue.:

New terminator is a hulk! He is a sight to behold but I am looking forward to seeing him all blinged up.

Yeah he's huge, close to the size of some primarchs, which entails a slew of new problems. For one thing, I'll have to up-size their Land Raider and, more importantly, there needs to be something done with the Curze mini sitting on my desk otherwise he'd get lost a bit among all those giants. But since I'm setting that army in the Interregnum, there might be something like a Nighthaunter clone/daemon conversion coming. :wink:

Jesus man. I love your termies. I agree, can't wait to see what sort of macabre trophies you give him. 

Thanks a lot! So far he received a few skulls for his breastplate und a loin cloth made of human skin, but I think he could use a few more trophies.

gallery_92971_12020_164132.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_75992.jpg

Before I get going with this lovely bunch I really have to paint something else first. I'm way too rusty right now.