Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

As always your work leaves me stunned. I like the use of the Obliterator legs and pieces, they give those CSM some very needed weight and "gravitas". The unfinished terror squad sarge is my favorite so far. Can't wait for the finished one.

Very nice work with these Night Lords. Superb use of bits with an excellent paintjob!

My only concern is the scale of the hand pinned to the Sgt's torso! It's pretty big for an Astartes hand. Otherwise, magnificent!

Thanks a lot! True, compared to other marine hands it sure looks oversized, but I can live with that since it doesn't disturb the overall composition too much (also, what Mikhal said :yes:). Tangentially related, does anybody know a good source for body parts, bones, and other trophies (the plastic kind, ahem)?

Primarch hand^^ I guess Kurzes.

Now that's an idea...so, similar to christian crusaders receiving splinters of Jesus' cross in Jerusalem, maybe Night Lords took body parts from their dead primarch as relics, although their authenticity would be highly disputed. 

As always your work leaves me stunned. I like the use of the Obliterator legs and pieces, they give those CSM some very needed weight and "gravitas". The unfinished terror squad sarge is my favorite so far. Can't wait for the finished one.

Thanks, buddy! I've got some more modelling outstanding before I can get on with painting, but that shouldn't take long. It's mainly details on a shoulder pad and a few skin flaps.

• 4 weeks later...

Terror Marine Nr.4 is done and the next and, finally, last one is midway through his painting process. Sorry for drip-feeding you but that unit takes much longer to paint than expected. Since the other terror marines have yellow eyes somewhere on their armour I thought I should continue the practice here as well, and in addition to that he also got a red gauntlet marking him out as a failure in the eyes of his comrades in arms, with the white cross on the back of his hand indicating the crime he committed.

gallery_92971_11994_213870.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_52632.jpg

Now that MikhalLeNoir has finished the conversion of his predator raptor I'll have to hurry up or our Arena Challenge is going to end up as a rather one-sided affair. Obviously parts of the feet are still missing and that's because I want to use a pair of claws from the raptor set. The greaves will probably get some ornaments/trims and I still have to warm up to the head, which had its trim removed and to me looks better that way.

gallery_92971_12020_227658.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Have I ever told you how much I love your true scale night lords? That new one is simply amazing. The red hand and the snippet of fluff to explain it: great! Now I want to know what crimes he committed. Did he steal? Did he took the kill of a comrade? Did he not flush? Did he not wash his hands?

(In)glorious stuff, Isengrin. These really capture the dark menace of the VIIIth; and the enlarging you've done hasn't damaged their dynamism one bit – these latest Night Lords look like they've crept straight out of the artwork. 

In fact...

*looks behind himself*

...no, just the wind.

Killing it as usual! That blue is amazing, probably one of the first times I've liked a blue miniature in fact! The pauldrons are excellent as well and I love the added details of the red hand with the white x.

Another fantastic addition! Really liking the weathering as usual, and the transition of the gauntlets from red to blue is great too! The raptor is looking awesome, definitely looking forward to seeing it completed! 

Thanks man! I thought Night Lords wouldn't be too concerned with painting a red gauntlet neat and tidy, and just do it quickly instead. 

Well, I think I'm going to sell MY Night Lords because damn, these are just that outstanding. Wow.

Haha, don't you dare. Thanks!

Oh boy, the painted one looks so damn impressive like your others.

On the raptor: you can already stop, looks menacing!!!

After seeing you go to town with your raptor it was about time that I get my ass up and build something. I'm really happy how quickly everything came together, without thinking too much about it beforehand. Just flowing together naturally. It will be great to see both raptors painted up.

Have I ever told you how much I love your true scale night lords? That new one is simply amazing. The red hand and the snippet of fluff to explain it: great! Now I want to know what crimes he committed. Did he steal? Did he took the kill of a comrade? Did he not flush? Did he not wash his hands?

I don't mind if you repeat yourself :wink:. And let's just say he was a naughty boy.

tenor.gif

(In)glorious stuff, Isengrin. These really capture the dark menace of the VIIIth; and the enlarging you've done hasn't damaged their dynamism one bit – these latest Night Lords look like they've crept straight out of the artwork. 

In fact...

*looks behind himself*

...no, just the wind.

Many thanks. I try to draw at least a little bit of inspiration from artwork with every conversion, so this is very much appreciated. And don't worry, when they come for you, you probably won't even here it. :tongue.:

Fantastic! There's so much life to your models, love all the detail like the tiny red hand on the terror marine's chest.

Thanks! I got the red hand from Forgeworld's transfer sheet, which has become indispensable.

Killing it as usual! That blue is amazing, probably one of the first times I've liked a blue miniature in fact! The pauldrons are excellent as well and I love the added details of the red hand with the white x.

Midnight blue is the best blue. Thanks buddy! :wink:

The work coming out of this threat is gold. Really loving the work your doing. The champion of Malau is my favourite piece so far.

Thanks! Yeah, the champion is still one of my favourite guys too.

I need midnight blue!!! But i have only kantor blue. So not sure if he will look cool when he is done^^

Mix some violet or black with it, or wash the recesses with Druchii Violet. I use Dark Prussia Blue and Blue Angels from Vallejo for the first layers before washing and highlighting, but Kantor Blue is not shabby either. I've used it all the time before changing my paint scheme slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after more than two months the terror squad is finished and now that I've had time to look at them closely, I think this last marine is probably my favorite. I really like how he came together during painting and how his pose worked out in the end. If there's one quintessential terror marine among those five it's him.

Pics of the whole unit will follow soon, plus I'm currently writing a few notes on the armour pattern they wear, the Profugum Armour Variant, and there'll be a short peek into some of their unusual customs/rituals, all of which will get some space in the next update.

gallery_92971_11994_294228.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_236164.jpg

Now that the unit is painted, it's time to attend to the terminator and the raptors I've built so far. They are primed and ready to go.