Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

Stunning work!

That terminator is so boss, Daemonettes want to be with him, and Bloodletters want to BE him.

Sounds like I'm right on track. Thanks!

Whoa that terminator is amazing! Really great bulkiness as usual, can't wait to see him completed!

I'm in love! Perfect sense of weight on that terminator, Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks guys! If I had to single out my biggest pet peeve with the current space marines, it's the lack of bulk and especially how their legs are attached to the hips, which contributes a lot to that problem in my opinion. Mind the thigh gap. :wink:

Very nice work on the Terminator that looks great! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Great to hear that you like him.

So, aside from a few minor clean-ups I'm more or less finished with the big fella. As you can see, I ultimately went with the spear as his main close combat weapon, because I think it fits very well with his pose. The maul will get his chance though, as I plan to build a couple more terminators after the Terror Squad sarge. He needs a fully operational unit to lead after all, now that terminators are making a big comeback rules-wise as it seems, and it was just so much fun building this guy. I put a chainmail loincloth on him in the last pic, to see how it looks and I'm still undecided. My attempt at sculpting one myself went alright, but I still like the bit as seen here better.

Let me know what you think. :smile.:

gallery_92971_12020_594733.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_334764.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_724632.jpg

This is awesome.

Nu schieb mal nen tutorial hinterher. Brauch dette fuer ein paar primarchen in terminatorruestung. ( need it for prumarchs in temrinator armor)

Klaro, I'll make a comparison pic as well. It will give you an idea, if he measures up in size to the real deal. Can't tell myself, as I don't have a primarch yet. Looking at the new weapon rules I've already got a few ideas for the second terminator. :biggrin.:

This guys looking really cool! Great work!

Thanks a lot!

Ok this is literally my favorite true scale terminator now. Definitely the best proportioned and most impressive I have seen. All the details look amazing, although with your awesome sculpting skills I think you could have created something much cooler than the standard shoulder pad decorations. Is the dead marine on the base going to remain headless? Looking forward to seeing this BEAST painted up!

Ok this is literally my favorite true scale terminator now. Definitely the best proportioned and most impressive I have seen. All the details look amazing, although with your awesome sculpting skills I think you could have created something much cooler than the standard shoulder pad decorations. Is the dead marine on the base going to remain headless? Looking forward to seeing this BEAST painted up!

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate it. And no, the marine has already received a (badly mangled) helmet. Also, he's not dead yet. :wink:

As you rightly say, the shoulder pads probably need a bit more attention. I was thinking about putting a severed hand on the left one, while I'm still lacking ideas for the other pad. Good thing is I'll paint one of the terror marines first to get back into a groove, which should afford me the time to think of something.

• 2 weeks later...

This is, by far, the best thing I've seen all day.

Thanks, very kind.

Love the knight cockpit, very well done fell!

Cheers! It's too bad regular knights are not outfitted with cockpits, because I enjoyed converting and painting that one a lot.

superb. out of curiousity, what is the white/yellow material in this sculpt? is it a cast or is it actual sculpting material?

Thanks! I use MagicSculp. Compared to Green Stuff it cures to a very hard finish, which makes it ideally suited for big areas on a model, were you can sand it down until it's smooth. But I wouldn't use it for detailed work.

Coming back to the terminator, I attached the loincloth and cut away all decorations on his right shoulder pad except for the trim around it, which is the reason why it's missing here. I'm still pondering what to do with it. While the base is mostly finished, I have underestimated the difficulty of finding an open right hand for the crushed marine.

gallery_92971_12020_129006.jpg

I think I have ripped of the power fist on the sergeant below three times or so, and although the upper arm has almost exactly the same measurements as others, it still looks a bit off to me. But besides that, he looks the part and should make a fine leader on the tabletop. Maybe he'll still get a couple trophy racks on the backpack like his fellow terror marines.

gallery_92971_12020_82703.jpg

Here's a pic of them together with one of my Iron Hands and a cultist. I couldn't find a regular marine, but since those are more or less the same height as cultists, it should illustrate the size difference quite well. Good thing the primaris are about to drop, now I don't have to fight squats the next time I'll go against my gaming buddies. :tongue.:

gallery_92971_12020_229842.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic, that is all I can say. :smile.:

Looking brilliant.

By Guilliman's swinging scabbard! Excellent work, brother. Consider me duly impressed. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, guys! :smile.:

I think some sort of demonic face on the terminator's shoulder pad would look good, also the fallen marine looks great! Love the new sergeant, looking forward to seeing more!

I got a bit distracted by another conversion lately (for more see below), but a demonic face sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a try.

Wow Isengrin, that's an amazing plog. The terminator is a beast!

Thanks! It's far from the most prolific plog around, so it's nice to hear that people like those few-and-far-between updates.

Now that the painting competition replacing ETL in the chaos-sub has kicked off, it was about time to pick up my brush again and get going and so I vowed the squad of terror marines as my first entry. I quickly painted a marine carrying a lascannon to shake off any existing rust and also because I wanted to try out a new recipe for midnight blue. I slightly modified the process when I began with the terror marine, applying more black ink on the darkest armour parts and finishing all with edge highlights.

I also used decals for the very first time...and damn, they are awesome. While I like to paint little freehands here and there, they are a godsend for markings like the legion symbol.

gallery_92971_11994_275367.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_58633.jpg

After having seen so many great conversions with the terminator lord I had to get in on the fun as well and I decided to build a lord with jump pack . Normally when it comes to raptors I imagine them as avian predators, more lithe than sturdy. But in this case the bits at hand suggested a different direction, which meant building a savage brute who just so happened to have a jump pack strapped on. I'm still contemplating using a different helm and the blade needs a lot more work of course, but all in all I like the result.

gallery_92971_12020_113903.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Isengrin

Some fantastic paint jobs, love the kill tally on the lascannon! Also that jump pack lord looks phenomenal, love the arm mounted plasma pistol! Not sure if its the just the picture angle but it sort of looks like he's going to use the flat of the spear head to smack someone rather than the bladed edge, maybe turn the spear head slightly? Looking forward to seeing more painted up!