Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

I build a ministorum priest for my cousins Astra Militarum, it's a birthday present. I like the grumpy fat guy, and the priest turned out just fine, too :tongue.:

Hahah I see what you did there. :D Very cool conversion, as well as the cultists. I'm currently building some for my TS army, but they are just some minor conversions of default DV models.

I build a ministorum priest for my cousins Astra Militarum, it's a birthday present. I like the grumpy fat guy, and the priest turned out just fine, too :tongue.:

Hahah I see what you did there. :biggrin.: Very cool conversion, as well as the cultists. I'm currently building some for my TS army, but they are just some minor conversions of default DV models.

Hehe, thank you. I'm looking forward to see your cultists!

Well, CoCVIII still waits for my attention. I had such a blast building those last few cultists, so I build some more!

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Command WiP

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Command WiP

Those guys were once bretonnian men-at-arms, now they are the PDF/Militia of a (for now) unnamed planet. The banner/standard is the heraldry of Hause Vrass, which rules that planet. It will be a real challenge to paint a stylized kraken/octopus on the shoulders of those little buggers. I also ordered some decals from Fallout Games (see here) with occult sigils for them and my TS. 

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Governor /w Palace Guard WiP

And again, the Governor Vytautas Vrass and his Palace Guard. They are not complete, I need more Tempestus Scions bodies. I plan some more with las-guns and some with halberds. Also a psiker is missing. He will be the adviser to the governor and ambassador to Ahrimans Coven. I just need some cool robed legs, like those on the fantasy clamppack chaos sorcerer with staff. I have the torso but the legs are already donated to the Inquisitor Borellus.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones all Militia Type Cultists  WiP

That are all Militia/PDF style Minis so far. I like the overall archaic look of the high helmets and the bretonnian bodies.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Cultists WiP

And here are all cultists I build this week. OK, most of them were build this week.

C&C is welcome :D

Still no progress on the CoCVIII.... But I have a new Sorcerer/Lord on Disc of Tzeentch. I love those Maxmini jetbikes and that "mecha-eqyptian" helmet. 

There will be another third jetbike so that I have three chars on bike/disc or a unit of three chaosbikers.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer or Lord on Disc of Tzeentch wip 1

Thousand Sons Sorcerer or Lord on Disc of Tzeentch wip 2

Thousand Sons Sorcerer or Lord on Disc of Tzeentch wip 3

I like the look of that new Jetbike Sorceror, especially that slick helmet (could we get a close-up of that please?). The one thing I'm not quite sure on is the Nemesis Force Spear, it just doesn't seem... Chaosy enough? I'd suggest something like the tainted spear from the Fantasy Chaos Lord model as an alternative.

I like the look of that new Jetbike Sorceror, especially that slick helmet (could we get a close-up of that please?). The one thing I'm not quite sure on is the Nemesis Force Spear, it just doesn't seem... Chaosy enough? I'd suggest something like the tainted spear from the Fantasy Chaos Lord model as an alternative.

The jet bike as discs us great idea. Really love the helmet on this - would you share where it's from?

Hey, thanks! I already exchanged the blade with a Kopesh blade from the tomb kings. The helmet is as I mentioned from Maxminis Mecha-Eqyptian helmets set. I think they look great, only the middle one looks strangely eldar-ly.

Dude. DUDE. DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!  Your updates are fricking sweet. I missed a couple. Opened your thread to see the cool psyker dude for you AM buddy. Looked sweet. Then the pretty cultists that reminds me of that Slaaneshi cultist model from the late 80s. AND THEN the jetbike/disc dude. COOL!

First, thanks for the reply and the link.

Funny enough, I remember seeing those images somewhere and thinking them too eldar as a whole. Well, wrong again.

Second, apologies for missing out on my mobile's autocorrection mash- up.

The jetbike disc IS cool. Can not state that often enough!

Thank you both! The thing with the base is a valid point. I'll try to get some tomorrow. I rebased the other Jetbiker on a normal biker base and I have to say it looks good and is pretty stable. But the oval ones could be visually more appealing. 

I started to paint one of the militia cultists, the medic. 

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Cultists Medic Wip

The light is a bit off, but I think you can see what I'm aiming for. The helmet is done. The shoulderpads and the collar will be black, or at leas my standard deep-sea-blue-ish black.

The helmets are supposed to look like heavily oxidated bronze. I simply love the look of oxidated bronze. 

So the medic needs a medic? Looks like his arm is in a sling, if so you might want to change the colour of the sling.

One small thing can you post slightly bigger pictures when you do? Lovely models and I'd love to see more without clicking into every one.

So the medic needs a medic? Looks like his arm is in a sling, if so you might want to change the colour of the sling.

One small thing can you post slightly bigger pictures when you do? Lovely models and I'd love to see more without clicking into every one.

Yes, his arm is in a sling. As I said, he is not finished, The sling and the boots will be brown, and all the stuff on his backside isn't done yet. The bandage on his arm will be white-is. Still a lot to do. 

@bigger pictures: I use the B&C gallery. I really like it, no linking, no adds, no klickbait. This is the standard size you get while putting the pics into the posts. If there is a way to increase the size, I'd be happy if anybody could tell me how (without directly linking to that pic). So long you will have to klick on them ;)

Yes, his arm is in a sling. As I said, he is not finished, The sling and the boots will be brown, and all the stuff on his backside isn't done yet. The bandage on his arm will be white-is. Still a lot to do. 

@bigger pictures: I use the B&C gallery. I really like it, no linking, no adds, no klickbait. This is the standard size you get while putting the pics into the posts. If there is a way to increase the size, I'd be happy if anybody could tell me how (without directly linking to that pic). So long you will have to klick on them :wink:

Photobucket doesn't have adds if you put them in a post here, brother! And it's easier to use for you than the B&C gallery! Also, everyone has add-block nowadays, so adds? ;)

I love the medic-that-needs-a-medic. :D

I actually link my pictures directly from my little blog, so blogspot does the hosting for me.

Didn't mean to offend as I love your work.

No offence taken or meant at all bro. :biggrin.: Your work is amazing and wherever you host pictures, I'll continue to drool all over them. No to worry :wink:

Haha, no offence taken or meant on my side, too! I can see why others like hosters and bigger pictures. I like bigger pictures, too. On the German forum I'm usually trollig you can enlarge the pics hosted by the forum by doubleklicking them in the editor, so that the readers don't need binoculars to see them. I really miss this feature here on the B&C.

med_gallery_76164_9665_172286.jpg

Edited by Aasfresser

Gotcha and you also just reminded me I really need to get a tiny wee drill to do weapon barrels.

Go for it! You won't regret it. It makes bolter look more realistic/nice.

The Medic-Cultist is still not finished, but I simply had to try something. Yesterday I practiced to paint mini kraken on a base. This will be the heraldry/sigil/whatever of my militia-style cultists. When I started I just realized how small the shoulder pads of IG models are... Its not perfect, but I'm satisfied with the look of the mini kraken.

med_gallery_76164_9665_180913.jpg

That mini kraken is glorious and you should be very proud. What paint did you use for such a crisp yellow?

Thank you! It's the vallejo Bad Moon yellow, with a bit of Tau Sept Orchre mixed into it for the first layer, then only vgc Bad Moon yellow.

Ah, I just saw it's just "Moon Yellow", but it's the old GW Bad moon yellow.

Edited by Aasfresser

So tarnished bronze AND a mini kraken?! This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

So the medic needs a medic? Looks like his arm is in a sling, if so you might want to change the colour of the sling

That's the the fun part of being a combat medic: While everyone else is running AWAY from it, you are running TOWARDS someone who is not only in harm's way, but has already flagged it down and had a long chat and a cup of tea with it.

So tarnished bronze AND a mini kraken?! This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

So the medic needs a medic? Looks like his arm is in a sling, if so you might want to change the colour of the sling

That's the the fun part of being a combat medic: While everyone else is running AWAY from it, you are running TOWARDS someone who is not only in harm's way, but has already flagged it down and had a long chat and a cup of tea with it.

Thank you :)

Love the tiny wee freehand kraken... although it reminds me of "Hail Hydra" so maybe the Alpha Legion are sneaking in. :tongue.:

I would need a pen to actually get that detail on a tiny shoulder pad, those tiny curves!

Thanks, but I was thinking more of "Fhtagn!" than that silly hydra-thingy the Alpha Legion is doing.

Kraken looks great. No idea how you could improve on it.

Thanks again, Augie.

I finished him. Here he is in all of his 4-points-on-the-TT glory.

med_gallery_76164_9665_38279.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_101357.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_43102.jpg