• 4 weeks later...

Morning all!

It's has been nearly a month since my last update but I have been working on something for my Night Lord's over the last few days. My first bike is nearly completed:

Bike_4.JPG

I have a few touch ups to do still and of course the little guy that rides it :). I have been reading ADB's Night Lord's Trilogy (something I should have done a long time ago) and so far am really enjoying it. I'm only half way through the second book so please don't tell me what happens :D.

Anyway, C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

Thanks DarkVen, they will be added :). Probably a pole with the helmets on the back of this one but I'm mostly going for spikes on the bikes and skin and stuff on the riders. The biker Lord I am planning will be a centre piece for the unit though and should have plenty of additions :tu:

Nemac

Sounds promising, looking forward to it!

So, I've changed my mind, having found a few Mantic zombie bits in my bits box I may well add some fleshy trophies :)

Always great to see an update from you, the bike looks great so far! Some battlefield debris on the bases could look nice. Looking forward to seeing the biker lord!

Thanks Vairocanum :), I am in the process of ordering all the parts I need for the lord, so far I have the head, weapons and have built a trophy rack for his bike. Regarding battlefield Debris I do have some small corrugated card that I could use to add sheet metal to some of the bases. This one I will have to leave as its already painted but may add some dead marine parts at a later date.

The guy with the shoulder slung Bolter looks wicked mate. The bikes looking really good as well, interesting choice with the standard space Marine bike but I'm confident you can make it a ride befitting the VIIIth no problem. Looking forward the Lord :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio, It was a pain to get the chain to sit over his shoulder but I am very happy with him (he's one of my favourites :D). I really like the look of the standard bike though I was considering using scout bikes for a while - a google search didn't help me find out if a standard bike marine would fit though. I have however converted the legs of the riders, removing the round knee pads and replacing them with greenstuff to form MKIV legs :)

Thanks again guys :)

Nemac

This thread is full of awesome things

Thanks helterskelter, pleased you like my stuff so far :smile.:

I have finished the Biker Sergeant minus a transfer for his shoulder guard.

Bike_5.JPG

I have also added a trophy pole to the back and a severed head to the chains at the front. The knees were removed and replaced with strips of greenstuff to create MKIV legs without having to bits order any FW legs at nearly £4 a go.

Bike_6.JPG

I'm happy with him at the moment. The next guy will be underway and I have converted his legs to be resting the bike to the side with one foot on the ground :smile.:

C&C welcome as always

Nemac

Edited by Nemac Vradon

Morning all,

The second Bike is nearing completion, just a little bit of tidying up to do and then the lightning on the front wheel casing.

SAM_1490.JPG

SAM_1491.JPG

SAM_1492.JPG

I know that the bike isn't sitting on the base in the standard position but I have done this intentionally because of the rider leaning on the rock below. This is the first of two Melta weilding marines. So the unit will be Champion with Power Fist, 2x Marines with Melta Guns and 2x Marines modelled with Chainswords just because I don't have enough arms to make them hold the handle bars :D

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Morning all!

I need a bit of advice regarding my Lord's head. I have made a helmet for him from a Tartaros Terminator head and a High Elf Dragon Prince Helm. I need to know if you all think the wings are too large or if you think It can be pulled off? I am actually liking the way it looks, mainly because it is a Lord and they should have a little bling, also because this is Warhammer and nothing is realistic anyway :)

Chaos_Lord_1.JPG

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Nemac

You could probably get away with it as dark angels also have wings on their helmets. But just looking at the head itself the wings do look a bit big, maybe if you took off the top most flap of the wing at the ridge? You could either resculpt a new ridge or just leave it with two? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the lord.

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful. I did buy four pairs of these wings to make sure I got it correct. He will also be on a bike so there will be a lot of bulk to the model, which may help. I'll try to remember to make a mock up of him with a body tonight when I'm home :tu:

Nemac