Great painting on the Librarian, although my one gripe would be that the Night Lords have seemed rather disgusted by the notion of using any kind of warpcraft during the early days of the Heresy (I remember that scene where Sevatar spits on the ground in front of Argel Tal in order to show his disdain for the Gal Vorbak). Still, that doesn't change anything about the fact that the paintjob is rather lovely.

That officer in Tartaros armour, though? Brilliant! Such a fantastic little kitbash, and a marvelous paintjob to boot! It seems like you've made excellent use of Midnight Runner's pointers about how to paint chaotic power weapons, too ;)

Great painting on the Librarian, although my one gripe would be that the Night Lords have seemed rather disgusted by the notion of using any kind of warpcraft during the early days of the Heresy (I remember that scene where Sevatar spits on the ground in front of Argel Tal in order to show his disdain for the Gal Vorbak). Still, that doesn't change anything about the fact that the paintjob is rather lovely.

That officer in Tartaros armour, though? Brilliant! Such a fantastic little kitbash, and a marvelous paintjob to boot! It seems like you've made excellent use of Midnight Runner's pointers about how to paint chaotic power weapons, too ;)

well they have one in the heresy book im currently listning to Pharos by Guy haley, so it is fluffy and awsome

That officer in Tartaros armour, though? Brilliant! Such a fantastic little kitbash, and a marvelous paintjob to boot! It seems like you've made excellent use of Midnight Runner's pointers about how to paint chaotic power weapons, too :wink:

well they have one in the heresy book im currently listning to Pharos by Guy haley, so it is fluffy and awsome

Oh, I didn't realise that -- and it does clash with their earlier depiction, at least to some degree. But then, that's BL for you ;)

Anyway, I stand corrected. Do carry on! ;)

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Regrading the Librarian, I did think about that and I am trying to remove all the chaos iconography from the minis because my plan was to have renegade Night Lords and not Chaos Marines. The Librarian however I just couldn't resist, I figure that even in a legion that despises the use of chaos powers that there would still be the odd one that can't resist it's pull (and I love the model :D).

I guess I need to read Pharos next to see how they explain the use of Librarians in a legion that is disgusted by chaos.

Nemac

I guess I need to read Pharos next to see how they explain the use of Librarians in a legion that is disgusted by chaos.

The legion had always uses librarians as a means to achieves greater planes. Their is a librarian in the legion, the "dream-eaters"  (don't confused with the "sin-eater" little human pet of Konrad ) maintained by the Primarch after Nikaea (see "Child of the Night").

The night lords never fled the power of the Warp as long has They use it and not the other ways around. The disgust for Argel Tal and other fanatics came from the fact that they don't have enough strength to control the power of chaos. It's no longer a tool for the Gal Vorbak they are weak slaves-monster of the immaterium nothing more. Kind of disgusting indeed for a legion of renegade who submit to nobody.

In Pharos  He kinda fail a warp test and get in touch with a very cool demon who said :

"Hey dude if you want more power give me your body for a few minute (along with your credit card number) I promise I'll give it back to you ...eventually... And in case you said no, I don't care because I've already F:censored:K  you up "

Morning all!

I have finished my legion support squad and tried to work the effect on the Terminator's power sword into the lightning claw on the sergeant. pretty pleased with it as it is but may go back and add in some lightning patterns when my tiny brushes arrive. I've spent some time moving several miniatures around and changing some of the arms and weapons on them so I at least had a usable force as it stands.

SAM_1404.JPG

I had been working on parts of several different units and thought this would be a better way to go about things. The two tactical squads don't have special weapons or heavy weapons at the moment but I still have the two flamers painted and am planning on getting the heavy flamers from Forgeworld for each unit. These will hopefully be magnetised so I can switch out which weapons I use.

SAM_1393.JPG

The additional five marines for each unit are nearly built and ready to go but I first need to finish off my Atrementar Terminators before I can get back to those. I guess after that It will be a case of adding additional units to the army. Armour is something I am lacking at the moment and, continuing with the finishing things I am working on first, I will add two Rhinos to the army as my next purchases.

The Rhinos also present a problem because I may need to do a slightly different scheme so they don't end up looking like something from the movie Tron. I figure I will start them with an all over base of Kantor Blue as apposed to the normal black base coat.

Enough rambling, C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Really nice group shot, looking forward to seeing the rest of the Atrementar and rhinos!

Thanks Vairocanum, working on the third right now :tu:

Fantastic NL. These are a work of art.

Thanks MagicMan, that is great praise indeed :D

Great looking army so far! Looking forward to some more :thumbsup:

Thanks kizzdougs :D, I am finishing up the Atrementar over the next week or so and then we will see what comes after that. Hopefully some armour :)

Nemac

Afternoon all!

Three more Atrementar have joined the ranks of my VIIIth Legion :tu:

SAM_1405.JPG SAM_1407.JPG SAM_1408.JPG

I will do pictures of the backs of the miniatures when I have finished the fifth and final Terminator for the unit. I find that this pattern of terminator armour is a bit more difficult to get right with my scheme. Probably because of the large open areas of armour and a lack of a knee pad to break up the legs a small amount. Still I am fairly happy with them. One more dude to go and then I can see about purchasing some armour or maybe even my first Primarch model :)

C&C always welcome.

Nemac

WOW JUST WOW absolutely epic work brother your Atramentar look freaking amazing yours might be my new favorite NL Scheme I think you babe done a marvelous job of visually representing warriors truly in midnight clad. I would very very much like to see your take on Night Haunter so if your still undecided that's my vote ;)

Never seen such a mean Tartaros! :biggrin.:

Hmm the power weapons loks quite cool, my more theoretical nitpicking point would be, that I would think there might be a bit more "power weapon energy" around the tip, you know for thrusting it into unfortunate loyalists  :/

What a nice paint job, Nemac. Your blue armour, which reminds me a bit of Dark Ven's, looks great and is contrasted beautifully by the red fabric and the power weapons. I think they're only missing a few details here and there, like maybe decals of the legion symbol or something similar to break up all that blue surface.

Never seen such a mean Tartaros! :biggrin.:

Hmm the power weapons loks quite cool, my more theoretical nitpicking point would be, that I would think there might be a bit more "power weapon energy" around the tip, you know for thrusting it into unfortunate loyalists  :/

Thanks LordVelype :), I see what you mean but I just love the effect. I will be adding some lightning to them to represent the energy running along them but have to wait for more brushes for that :tu:

What a nice paint job, Nemac. Your blue armour, which reminds me a bit of Dark Ven's, looks great and is contrasted beautifully by the red fabric and the power weapons. I think they're only missing a few details here and there, like maybe decals of the legion symbol or something similar to break up all that blue surface.

Thanks Isengrin :), I will add decals to these guys but I will do that for the miniatures in bulk when I've finished painting all of my infantry. I am also tempted to have some decals printed instead of using the Forgeworld sheet because I am not a fan of the grim reaper one they have on that.

Thanks again guys :)

Nemac

Archived