Thanks Bio :D. Just highlighting the skin patches on the left shoulder and then he is finished for now. I have taken a cast of the dead Space Wolf from Ahriman's base and I'm going to use that to make the corpse for this guy to stand over. Pictures will follow tomorrow :tu:

Nemac

Morning all!

I have finished the main body and first two arms of the Contemptor. I still have the corpse to add and the blood on the claw but I figure I should finish my last Atrementar first. I have now added chains to the shoulder of one of the assault cannons on the Contemptors left arm so I'm nearly ready to undercoat them and then I can get them painted for this guy.

SAM_1422.JPG

SAM_1424.JPG

SAM_1425.JPG

Also doe's anyone know of a good way to make chain links stiff without blocking them in? I though about running glue along them but didn't want to clog the links. Would be handy so I could add a hanging chain along the barrel of one of the assault cannons.

Anyway, C&C is always welcome :)

Nemac

Whoa your contemptor looks even better than the FW painted one. Really great flayed skin as usual. I've tried using 'ardcoat spray (i think its called purity seal now) to make chains stiff in the past but it wasn't very durable in the long run. Maybe a few thin washes of watered down white glue could work (haven't tried it before though). 

Thanks Bio, so I should attach each end of the chain to the AC and then keep it in the position I want it to be in and then apply the glue? To be fair, the links are so small I may be asking for a bit much with not wanting them to clog. The final Atrementar only needs his base and the metals/lightning claws and he is done, giving me 3 units of five marines (to be increased to ten one mini at a time), 5 teminators and a contemptor :)

Nemac

Yeah pretty much exactly how I did it, I can't find a pic of the model I'd used it on. I couldn't show it here anyway but I'd used this technique on DE Cold One rider Lord. I had glue with a brush applicator which helped.

Afternoon!

The Atrementar are now finished so here is a group shot for your viewing pleasure :). Very happy with these guys, especially the Sergeant who is fast becoming my favourite model in this Night Lord's army.

SAM_1427.JPG

Solo pictures of the final Terminator will come at a later date. As I stated before, I removed two of the cloaks because It didn't look right to me that the rank and file guys were wearing them.

And the Autocannons on the Contemptor are nearing completion. I have to add the trophies to the chains and do a bit of filling on the left arm but they are slowly taking shape.

SAM_1431.JPG

C&C welcome as always :)

Nemac

Thanks Pheidias :), as requested (these are the biggest I could upload to my blog)

Contemptor_1.jpg

Contemptor_2.jpg

Atrementar_1.jpg

Atrementar_3.jpg

Atrementar_5.jpg

Atrementar_7.jpg

Having taken these pictures I can see a few things I need to sort out so I'll try and get those bits done today (just a few areas that need blending a bit better). The final Atrementar and actually the first one I painted I am not at all happy with so he will no longer be getting any thread time until I have stripped and re-painted him.

Thanks

Nemac

But still, thanks, they're quite spectacular!

Thanks Pheidias :)

Whoa, what an amazing thread!

Subscribed!

Thanks Maximvs :) and thanks for the sub :tu:

Working on more marines at the moment and slowly adding more bits to the Contemptors AC arms. More to come!

Nemac

Archived