Thanks very much guys :). As requested here are the pictures of each member of First Claw (I have re-posted the group shot too):

SAM_1626.JPG

SAM_1631.JPG

SAM_1632.JPG

SAM_1633.JPG

SAM_1634.JPG

SAM_1637.JPG

SAM_1638.JPG

Cyrion, Uzas and Mercutian will have their pictures taken shortly. I hope it will be today :)

Nemac

Thanks very much everyone :). It's great to know that these have been so well received!

@hushrong - Thanks you, Xarl's helmet was a tad controversial but it all worked out in the end.

@Midnight - Thanks mate! I am very grateful for the likes and glad you like them so much - Just remember your power weapon tutorial was a big help on my NL's :D

@Augustus - Thanks you sir! I don't have ADB's email but it would be great to get them sent over to him to see how he feels about them :D

This has been a very fun project to do and It's not over just yet... I still have to finish Malcharion :wink:

Nemac

Oh ! You will take your chance on malcharion !? This first squad was already an impressive and beautiful project that you've undle just perfectly but with malcharion... now I'll wait just like a child for a candy x) !

Thanks Malchy - Your namesake will be entombed in his Dreadnought Sarcophagus and is mostly built but I have to work out the best option for me to do the bronze relief on the front with my limited green stuff skills. I will of course keep updatng with any progress :D

Nemac

I PMd you ADBs email :smile.: Make sure to send them to him :thumbsup:

EDIT: WAIT WHAT? YOU'RE DOING MALCHARION TOO?!?!?! :woot:

Thanks! I'm "attempting" Malcharion at this point though I have run into my first hurdle with the relief he has engraved into his sarcophagus. I will have to think this one through :D

WOW

Thank you :)

Nemac

A bit late to the party here, but I can only echo the other guys's sentiments: Easily one of the best interpretations of First Claw I have seen so far, probably one of the top three, along with Augustus' and kizzdougs interpretations -- and then both of those are true scale, so you are clearly winning in the 28mm category :)

I will say that I would still have preferred Variel without the Chirurgeon, as I think that bit only really works on Fabius and on nobody else. Apart from this small personal gripe, however, these guys are simply ace. Uzas remains my favourite, obviously, with Xarl a very close second, especially given his somewhat troubled inception and how you've managed to turn the model into something that just works.

And yeah, do send these to ABD! He'd be crazy not to feature them!

Oh, and I am soo looking forward to seeing Malcharion. And maybe Lucoryphus as well? Pretty please...? As for the relief on Macharion's armour, maybe the relief parts from plastic Bjorn and/or some Epic 40k plastic Marines might be a good start...?!

In any case, keep up the fantastic work! :)

A bit late to the party here, but I can only echo the other guys's sentiments: Easily one of the best interpretations of First Claw I have seen so far, probably one of the top three, along with Augustus' and kizzdougs interpretations -- and then both of those are true scale, so you are clearly winning in the 28mm category :smile.:

I will say that I would still have preferred Variel without the Chirurgeon, as I think that bit only really works on Fabius and on nobody else. Apart from this small personal gripe, however, these guys are simply ace. Uzas remains my favourite, obviously, with Xarl a very close second, especially given his somewhat troubled inception and how you've managed to turn the model into something that just works.

And yeah, do send these to ABD! He'd be crazy not to feature them!

Oh, and I am soo looking forward to seeing Malcharion. And maybe Lucoryphus as well? Pretty please...? As for the relief on Macharion's armour, maybe the relief parts from plastic Bjorn and/or some Epic 40k plastic Marines might be a good start...?!

In any case, keep up the fantastic work! :smile.:

Thanks Kraut :). I will send them to ADB but probably not until I've finished Malcharion - I don't want to bombard him with several emails and would rather send them in one go. With regard to the relief I think the Epic idea is awesome so thanks for that :D. maybe use the epic chaplain because he has an arm raised already. I did look at Bjorn but he has a snake coiled around his lower half so I would have to file that down and then sculpt the legs which is possible but I will try the epic idea first!

First Claw are actually packed away now in my figure case but Uzas sits on my desk. He is after all my favourite too! I have more pictures to upload when time permits. They are the rest of the requested front shots that I took last week.

I will have to get a picture of WIP Malcharion too - May help with knowing where to take him next.

Thanks again!

Nemac

Malcharion_Quote.png

Afternoon all,

This is obviously a very early works in progress but enough of it is done that I can finally show him off! I have re-positioned the leg and replaced the cables from said leg to the pelvic area of the dreadnought. I have also filled the front plate ready for the relief to be added later. I would have just used one of the side plates but I really don't like things to be off centre. Finally I have added a few trophies to the front of the pelvis and under the flayed skin and chains on his left shoulder.

Still a ways to go...

SAM_1649.JPG

SAM_1650.JPG

SAM_1651.JPG

A fair bit of clean up is still required but please let me know what you folks think so far!

C&C welcome.

Nemac :D

Archived