Thanks dude :). I should probably start that section next because if  fail to sculpt it then I will have to paint it on to the front of the sarcophagus which will not be nearly as much fun. I will take Krauts advice and use the Bjorn relief but just for the torso so I can get everything into proportion. The other option I thought of was the Marneus Calgar banner dude. The banner has a pretty good marine on it that I could use to form a mould and then reposition the armour sections.

Lots to think about!

Nemac

I did end up running them as chosen but then used some house rules that seemed to work pretty well. Talos was a Lord of course :). Unfortunately though as a NL player I do not have access to marks so couldn't use the feel no pain banner :(. I have it written down somewhere but can't remember the stats at the moment.

Nemac

Morning all!

I have done some more work on Malcharion, this time working on the autocannon and replacing the claws on the powerfist. I used the heavy stubbers from the Imperial Knight kit because I like the way they looks but I also added some old brush covers to the ends to bulk them out a bit.

SAM_1657.JPG

With the powerfist I used the spare claws from the contemptor kit and cut and filed them to fit in place of the previously box like stubby sausage fingers it had before :).

SAM_1660.JPG

Still a lot of clean up to do on this guy but he is slowly taking shape. Next up is the bas relief but that update may take a while while I wait for the parts I need to come available.

Thanks for looking and C&C always welcome!

Nemac

You could always use First Claw as a force in Shadow War: Armageddon.

Malcharion looks awesome so far. Really looking forwards to seeing him fully built (he always was my favorite character in the Trilogy).

Edit - one nitpick. It's been a while, but didn't he have an underslung flamer instead of the bolter?

Edited by SalvationOfReason

Thanks guys :)

Pleased the new fingers have worked out and the autocannon. I will have to check about the flamer but when I started him I thought it was a bolted? Still it's not glued so that won't be much of a problem. Thanks for the heads up :D

I will probably have to convert a flamer though because I cannot stand the look of the massive under slung one that comes with the kit.

I will work on that after work!

Nemac

Morning all!

I have managed to get around to doing some more work on Malcharion. I have made a custom flamer for his power fist and just have to fill the hole where the slide was. I have also prepared the base and done some more work on the autocannon.

SAM_1670.JPG

SAM_1672.JPG

I much prefer the look of this flamer - the standard one just hangs too low for my liking and I feel that having the barrel run parallel with the fist makes it look like it belongs there.

SAM_1673.JPG

I don't think I need to do anything else to the autocannon now bar a small amount of clean up.

SAM_1674.JPG

That is all for this update, not a big one! C&C always welcome.

Nemac

Great job so far ! The flamer really looks better ;) ! But despite the thud guns being awesome I'm not fond of the axe blade "bayonetta". I think that it's too "brutal" for Night Lords especialy for Malcharion, I would have opted for something more subtil and sword like. Like a blade to remember the one he was using when behing alive. A dark elves raider blade could do it maybe ? 

My two cents ^^

Malchy

Malcharion didn't want to be entombed in the Dreadnought sarcophagus in the first place. It can easily be claimed the axe blade on his Reaper autocannon was a pointless decoration the Dreadnought chassis had BEFORE Malcharion was entombed, or one the Night Lords added without his consent (or his knowledge- it was centuries before they were able to awaken the Dreadnought, after all).

Malcharion didn't want to be entombed in the Dreadnought sarcophagus in the first place. It can easily be claimed the axe blade on his Reaper autocannon was a pointless decoration the Dreadnought chassis had BEFORE Malcharion was entombed, or one the Night Lords added without his consent (or his knowledge- it was centuries before they were able to awaken the Dreadnought, after all).

Yes but with the adornement on the sarcophagus we could assume that the dreadnought was (even against his will) made for him. As for the asthetic of it I  know it's just my totaly subjective opinion but I feel like it's out of place on our beloved Boxe captain ^^.