lovely work ! I love this pale scheme and this Great unclean one is beautifully disgusting mate ;)

for the head I would go for the middle one or the gal vorbak one ;)

Stunning DG models, the PM are very grim and the GUO... So, so good, such a lovely paint, reminds me of the draugr Glamr from Grettir's saga (an actual saga, nothing to do with GW space puppies). Excellent job -as always!

Yes! More work on the Lord of Contagion! The Plague Marine made from the left over bits looks great! And for the second head I think adding two smaller horns next to the middle horn could look nice, would love to see some blight king head options on there too. Looking forward to seeing more!

lovely work ! I love this pale scheme and this Great unclean one is beautifully disgusting mate :wink:

for the head I would go for the middle one or the gal vorbak one :wink:

Thanks Malchy :). I will be going with the middle one for now - I want to try out the classic style Death Guard head from the new set of three that is available soon and comes as a separate part on the sprue. 

Stunning DG models, the PM are very grim and the GUO... So, so good, such a lovely paint, reminds me of the draugr Glamr from Grettir's saga (an actual saga, nothing to do with GW space puppies). Excellent job -as always!

Thanks Brother Aiwass :). I haven't heard of this saga but I will try and have a quick read up on it :D.

Yes! More work on the Lord of Contagion! The Plague Marine made from the left over bits looks great! And for the second head I think adding two smaller horns next to the middle horn could look nice, would love to see some blight king head options on there too. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairocanum :). When I read your comment I went and tried the three horns, hoping for a crown of thorns type look, but unfortunately the head is too rounded either side of the horn at the front so they stick out sideways :(.

Lord of Contagion is nearing completion so will hopefully get some pictures of him up soon.

Nemac

If you still want to give it a try I think if you cut off a bit of the base of the horn at an angle it should point straight. I had the same problem with horns pointing to the side on my Tzeentch Sorcerer from last year. Excited to see the Lord of Contagion!

Thanks Vairocanum :).

Ask and you shall receive:

gallery_74887_13423_164940.png

I'm pretty happy with him. I still need to add the rust/blood to the weapon and o the edge of the base but he is more or less finished. The thing I'm not sure on is the red on the cloak. Compared to the rest of the Death Guard I have painted, It seems a little bright so was wondering if maybe a dull green would have been a better choice.

Any thoughts on the cloak would be appreciated :tu:

C&C always welcome.

Nemac

Lovely! I have to agree with your slight misgivings regarding the cloak, however: Maybe a different colour might have complemented that ghostly, eerie feel of the rest of your colour scheme better? Or you could always go for a more worn, threadbare look by, for instance, mixing a bit of grey into the highlights.

The rest of the model is absolutely top notch, though! :)

Thank you both :D.

I think my main concern is looking at him against the rest of the DG he looks slightly out of place. Maybe if I went for a Khaki green similar to the GUO it would help to blend him in a bit more but still stand out with a colour not on the rest of the DG, if that makes any sense what-so-ever :unsure.:

If I did stick with red then I think you're right KS, it would need toning down. I actually used the same reds I had previously used with my Night Lords and it is too bright me thinks.

Nemac

Hmm, I'm not sure green would work all that well -- I think the colour should provide enough of a contrast against the armour. Maybe the red part could be painted as flayed/diseased skin? Then again, I'd probably try toning down the red first, making the top of the cape look frayed and threadbare. Then, if that doesn't work, you could look at more aggressive strategies ;)

Just my two cents, though...

I think I've figured it out. It probably looks wrong because I've used pinks on a lot of the Death Guard and maybe using the pink horror washed with Carrobourg Crimson and then highlighted back up would help.

If that doesn't work then flayed skin is the way I will go I think :tu:

Thanks KS :)

Thanks Vairocanum :). The smoke is very simple, It's just Dawnstone with an 80/20 Lahmian Medium and Ulthuan Grey mix painted over, avoiding some of the recesses closer to the point of origin.

I have changed the red for a colour closer to some I've used already and think it works much, much better. I have also done the rust on the weapon and the rim of the base so I can officially call him done. I will use this pink colour for the Plague Casters cowl as well so it ties in a bit more and maybe use it on some of the remaining Death Guard.

gallery_74887_13423_2165.png

I am unsure what to paint next but I have finished building and preparing ten Plague Bearers and the next two plague marines are done so I may get going on those.

C&C always welcome.

Nemac

Thanks Bio :), the red was far too garish so very pleased with it now. I didn't want to do the bright green smoke which I know is supposed to represent plague but decided it would be another colour to the palette that was already pretty full.

I have another Plague Marine to do next and then I'm doing the Plague Caster which I've already chopped up a little bit. Nothing dramatic, I just didn't like the puffy baby face or the twig he was holding :wink:

Nemac

The tweaked red/pink is much better now, mate! Excellent stuff!

As for the Plaguecaster: Those are the same areas I don't like as well, so it should be fun to see your solution to that while I am planning my own tweaks to the model!

Haha, seems the three of us are agreed that the Plaguecaster isn't the best in the box. I'm working on him at the moment so I should be done with him fairly soon (I hope).

I think after that it's going to be some Plague Bearers or my Noxious Blightbringer but am undecided. I'm pleased the more pinkish cape is approved, as I painted it I was slightly worried until after the two coats of Carronbourg :)

Nemac

Morning all,

I managed to get quite a bit done on the Noxious Blightbringer over the last few days. I still need to tidy him up a little bit but let me know what you all think:

gallery_74887_13423_255723.png

I may add an extra highlight to the metal areas because they look very flat to me but the problem with that is I then have to add that additional highlight to the rest of the models I had finished :down:

Still, C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Evening!

It has really been a while since I updated anything on here but thought I would share some of my first Death Guard models from Dark Imperium. I love the Death Guard and actually sold an army not that long ago and have regretted that decision many times.

With the new models I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get started on them. With that said:

DG_PM_1.png

I have also got my hands on some Plague Bearers and a Great Unclean One to fight alongside these guys and will be getting a second set of the Death Guard models. I will try and get some pictures of the Foetid Boat-drone and the other finished Plague Marines in the next few days.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Wow! Your colour scheme looks incredibly good! Very light and "popping", while still retaining a great Death Guard vibe. I'm still looking for my preferred colour scheme, would you mind sharing your recipe? 

The metal looks great in the pictures but that could be more actual reflections from the light source, if so I reckon there is no reason not to to just add it to the metal for that final shine as the rest looks great as is. 

Thanks Mechanist :). I will have to think long and hard about it I reckon!

Evening!

It has really been a while since I updated anything on here but thought I would share some of my first Death Guard models from Dark Imperium. I love the Death Guard and actually sold an army not that long ago and have regretted that decision many times.

With the new models I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get started on them. With that said:

I have also got my hands on some Plague Bearers and a Great Unclean One to fight alongside these guys and will be getting a second set of the Death Guard models. I will try and get some pictures of the Foetid Boat-drone and the other finished Plague Marines in the next few days.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Wow! Your colour scheme looks incredibly good! Very light and "popping", while still retaining a great Death Guard vibe. I'm still looking for my preferred colour scheme, would you mind sharing your recipe? 

Thanks You! Of course, It is Vallejo Model Air Cam. Medium Brown airbrushed over a black primer, then Vallejo Model Air Light Brown, again airbrushed. Then I mix a 70/30 mix of Model Air Light Brown and White on to the flat armour panels and finally highlight with screaming skull :).

Excellent work on the Blightbringer! I especially like the flawless conversion touches! The metal is looking excellent to me :wink:

Thanks KS :), I am pleased with the conversion and would very much like to do another one but will probably have to wait until I've sorted something out with my Plaguecaster. I have decided to use the stock model from Dark Imperium as another Plague Champion because the cowl looks pretty good.

Nemac

Evening!

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks You! Of course, It is Vallejo Model Air Cam. Medium Brown airbrushed over a black primer, then Vallejo Model Air Light Brown, again airbrushed. Then I mix a 70/30 mix of Model Air Light Brown and White on to the flat armour panels and finally highlight with screaming skull :smile.:.

Thanks a lot for the reply - though I can't get it to make sense; The models have a mint/light green tint, and you've painted them all using browns?

Archived