Thanks guys! :D

@Raztalin - Thanks mate, lets hope it looks good when it's done!

@Augustus - Thank you, I have some more pictures to upload onto here but keep getting side tracked with the GUO :whistling:

@Mechanist - Thanks, I have tried to use it sparingly and I think I've succeeded in that. I may have to give using the gloss a go and get a picture of that added so I can find out how it went :)

Nemac

As promised here are the pictures of the two units I have done at the moment for my Death Guard. I am building each squad at five man for now and then when I eventually get more sets I will do some arm/head swaps to make them all individual. The other two marines left from the first set will go with the new Death Guard minis shown on Warhammer Community recently.

med_gallery_74887_13423_688746.png

And the Foetid Bloat-drone:

med_gallery_74887_13423_478078.png

And finally this is where I am up to with the GUO:

gallery_74887_13423_434425.png

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks guys :D,

@Mechanist -  Thank you :). I have thought about the battle damage but unfortunately its not something I've been very good at previously, I could watch some tutorials if you know any good ones? As for the streaking on the armour I will be adding that coming from the recesses but probably do a large bunch of them in one go - I figure if I do them in one go it will look consistent across the army.

Nemac

Excellent work on the Death Guard! I am not sure I would even bother with the streaking, battle damage etc. It's a fantastic tool for a messy painter like me, but your Plague Marines have a very nice, eerie, almost ghostlike look going on that works really well without any additional dirt and grime. If anything, I do think you could do more with the flesh on the Blight Drone, especially on the relatively big, empty spaces: Maybe a couple of additional bruised and distressed areas created by mixing red and purple washes?

That Great Unclean One is utterly lovely -- in a disgusting, Nurglite way... ;)

Thanks Kraut :).

I'll try and get a better picture of the bloat-drones flesh from more of a side angle because it fades to red and sore the closer it gets to the armour. That said I do see what you mean about it from the back view, It looks fairly bland so I will see about adding in some purple washes and darkening the red as it gets closer to the sores and cuts.

I think I need to do a test mini with the streaks and compare the two - I'll add pictures on here when It's done so I can get both of your thoughts (and anyone else :)) on it.

Thanks again guys :tu:

Nemac

Good morning everyone!

I have finished the Great Unclean One and have to say I haven't enjoyed painting a model as much as this for a long time. It was really refreshing to do something that doesn't wear power armour. That said I now have a shed load of power armoured marines to get through :D.

Here he is...

gallery_74887_13423_232181.png.

As always C&C is very much welcome. I tried not to go too overboard with the blood effects but think I have reached a happy medium.

Nemac

Evening all!

Took a break from painting tonight to work on my Noxious Blightbringer. I had no plan with this other then to use a Putrid Blight Kings torso for added Nurgle disgustingness. I'm extremely pleased with how it has turned out and just have to do a fair amount of cleaning up but please let me know what you all think:

gallery_74887_13423_700393.png

C&C always welcome!

Fantastic work on the GUO, mate! I remember painting mine and being just s excited by it. I'm happy to hear we share this experience :smile.:

Thank you Augustus, It really was that enjoyable and now I'm a little gutted It's finished :D. I may have to invest in some more Forge World Nurgle stuff to see if I can't recreate the experience!

Simply wonderful! :smile.:

Thanks Kraut, very happy you like it! :)

More to come soon.

Nemac

GUO is stunning mate, as are the DG. Liking the work on the Noxious Blightbringer as well so far, I have to admit I'm not really a fan of that model as standard but your additions are well thought out and look great. :tu:

The conversion is looking great, although I will say the somewhat pedestrian head isn't doing much for me -- I'd suggest something a little more openly Nurglite and disturbing (maybe from the Blightkins, to match the breastplate?).

That Greater Unclean One is disgusting, so great job! Loving that Noxious Blightbringer conversion, damaging up the head a bit might look good. Or as Kraut mentioned, one of the Blightking heads could work too! Looking forward to seeing more Nurgle conversions!

GUO is stunning mate, as are the DG. Liking the work on the Noxious Blightbringer as well so far, I have to admit I'm not really a fan of that model as standard but your additions are well thought out and look great. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio :), I'm pleased with how he is coming along. I agree with Kraut about the head. I really need to find something a bit different.

The conversion is looking great, although I will say the somewhat pedestrian head isn't doing much for me -- I'd suggest something a little more openly Nurglite and disturbing (maybe from the Blightkins, to match the breastplate?).

Thanks Kraut :), I don't have any Blight Kings heads unfortunately but I have come up with the following options:

gallery_74887_13423_119441.png

I'm leaning towards the middle one but with a bit of work doing to it - I don't know what that will be yet but will have to see what I can come up with :tu:

That Greater Unclean One is disgusting, so great job! Loving that Noxious Blightbringer conversion, damaging up the head a bit might look good. Or as Kraut mentioned, one of the Blightking heads could work too! Looking forward to seeing more Nurgle conversions!

Thanks Vairocanum :), the Bightbringer is getting there and I am beyond pleased with how the GUO turned out!

More to come!

Nemac

Thanks Kraut :smile.:, I don't have any Blight Kings heads unfortunately but I have come up with the following options:

gallery_74887_13423_119441.png

I'm leaning towards the middle one but with a bit of work doing to it - I don't know what that will be yet but will have to see what I can come up with :thumbsup:

I like the middle one too. Seems like the best one to use, honestly, as it fits the theme so well. Great work in the log so far, brother. :tu:

Middle head! I'm also using that head for a conversion as I didn't feel that it suited the Plague Marine it originally came from.

Perhaps you could add a chunky wire from its mouth as a nod to the classic rebreather look?

Thanks everyone :D, looks like we are going for option two although I will try and get hold of some further options from the Blight Kings kit at some point for him to make sure I have covered all possibilities :tu:. I will crack on with the model without the head for now though and get the main bulk of him cleaned and painted.

I also didn't want to waste the leftovers so:

gallery_74887_13423_398253.png

And a little more work on the Lord of Contagion:

gallery_74887_13423_111966.png

That's all for now, C&C always welcome.

Nemac

Archived