It's black Jim, but not as we know it

Haha, that gave me a giggle :D

This thread is looking great. 

The Nightlords look clean and I like the steps you have taken to remove some of the Chaos Icons. 

Thanks Uveron :tu:, I read somewhere that Night Lords are more renegade and don't actually worship Chaos but also despise those who do, so it seemed the right way to go :)

★★★★★★

If that's out of five I'm very happy, thank you very much :D

The best Night Lords as for my opinion! Great paintjob... And the Sergeant - wow, I saved the photo to look again and again, and to learn painting. I'm a fan of this guy, really.

Thanks very much Spikedhalo :tu:, he is my favourite too!

doimng some greenstuff work on the next few marines and then I'll have them posted here :D

Nemac

very nice Nemac, i agree its among the best nightlords i seen, its close to how i imagine i would paint nightlords if i did nightlords :p

but looking forward to seeing more, also hope to see some bigger stuff :)

Glad to tickle your fancy Nemac! You know I hadn't thought about running chaos marines as just renegades without the chaos filigree to hand. Mind you a little brass n bronze also goes a long way too mwahahahahaha...

Ahem...bloody nice that man

very nice Nemac, i agree its among the best nightlords i seen, its close to how i imagine i would paint nightlords if i did nightlords :tongue.:

but looking forward to seeing more, also hope to see some bigger stuff :smile.:

Thanks Thamier :D, I am planning on doing all my troops first and then adding in the armour at a later date. I do however have the Tartaros Terminators to start on very soon :tu:

Glad to tickle your fancy Nemac! You know I hadn't thought about running chaos marines as just renegades without the chaos filigree to hand. Mind you a little brass n bronze also goes a long way too mwahahahahaha...

Ahem...bloody nice that man

Thanks dude :tu:, I am building them so I can use them in 40k as well as during the Heresy. With my Word Bearers I built two sets of troops to swap out when I wanted to use 40k but this way means I need one army to do both games :)

More to follow soon!

Nemac

You're certainly let the paintwork get the theme across over the use of overtly horror elements that most other NL models rely on. Not every NL needs to be draped with corpses!

I also like how they could easy fit either the 30k or 40k aesthetic equally well.

Thanks Mister Feral :D, that is what I wanted, for them to fit in both settings so I am pleased they come across that way :tu:.

On a side note I have just got hold of the limited edition Terminator Librarian so as soon as he arrives I will be getting to work on that.

Nemac

Evening all!

I have finished the second unit of Night Lords:

SAM_1325.JPG

I have tried following the photo guide on Black Library and I think it has worked out well. This way I can take photos any time of day or night with more or less the same results. The images are slightly more blue in tone but are extremely close to the normal colours.

I have also updated a previously seen miniature with a new gun so he can lead my unit of Plasma Support.

SAM_1327.JPG

And finally I have started customising my unit of Terminators from Burning of Prospero. the cloaks are rough at the moment but when the GS has cured I will be sanding them down so that they flow more neatly.

SAM_1329.JPG

SAM_1330.JPG

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome as always :)

Nemac

Looking amazing. I've just had two boxes of Betrayal at Calth delivered, I'm torn between my beloved WE and the NL, these guys are definitely swaying me toward the VIIIth though.

Stay the course brother...the lord of skulls commands it

Looking amazing. I've just had two boxes of Betrayal at Calth delivered, I'm torn between my beloved WE and the NL, these guys are definitely swaying me toward the VIIIth though.

I would love to see what you could do with Night Lords Bio :) but...

Stay the course brother...the lord of skulls commands it

I have to agree with this. I would love it even more if you did your 40k characters as Heresy era World Eaters. That would be awesome :tu:

Atramentar!!! Nice....

Thanks TRIBUN :)

Wow the terminators look amazing :ohmy.: , looking forward to seeing them painted up.

Thanks Vairocanum, I will start them quite soon hopefully. Two more of my Legion Support Squad first though :)

So today I played a couple of small games against Raztalin from here on the B&C. I lost both games using the Chaos Codex but was a great laugh and also got a couple of pretty cool scenic pictures :). We each had two units of five marines and an HQ choice. A big learning curve for me to get to grips with the rules and how the game works. I really want to play some more now!

Scenic_001.jpg

Scenic_002.jpg

I hope to have another update later in the week and thanks again for the comments folks, keeps me going :)

Nemac

Hi Nemac ! Following your night lords on instagram and wow that's great ! Myself a VIIIth legion player I love the style of your murderers ;)

Look forward to see those atramentars painted !

keep on ;)

Malchy

Nice action shots, two well painted sets of models always add to the feel.

Thanks Sock, it was really fun to play against Raz's Dark Angels, I'll have to get some more action shots next time :)

No, use 30K rules. Stop playing wrong! :furious:

Seriously though... 30K Night Lords rules are the bee's knees. Try them out, much better than current Chaos.

Would it not be easier to learn the basic rules first before going into 30k? I'm serious I have no clue :unsure.:. I mean this army is planned for use in 30k but I just figured that learning the 40k rules would make it a bit simpler is all :)

Nemac

Archived